Need help...I'm breaking the bank tomorrow and pulling the trigger......

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Beretta92guy, Oct 5, 2012.

1. I have three Sigs.....P226 made in Germany, P220R made in Exeter and P220Gen2 made in Germany. To me, there are no discernable differences between any of them from a quality/reliablity perspective. Personally, I wouldn't drop the grand until I had a chance to shoot both pistols you are considering. You might find the stock on the P226 too large for your hands, or you might find the positioning of the decocker lever on the back of the HK30 to be poorly placed. might find the double action trigger on the HK sucky. I learned long ago not to purchase a pistol until I've shot one first. Personally, I find the location of the decocking lever on the Sig to be better placed than on the HK....but that's just me. Good luck with your decision.....

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bruce M

Sorry to hear. Some days are just bad luck days. Maybe those days serve the purpose of allowing us to appreciate a good at the range or a good day at whatever that much more.

#42 Bruce M, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. That's a shame.

Sorry to hear :sad:
  4. ...or a West German P225. :cool:
  5. barth

barth six barrels

Bought this NIB P2K 357 Sig LEM for $649 a few weeks ago.
    #45 barth, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  6. Very nice
  7. Gregg702

Gold Member

My P226 E2 came with the wrong mags from the factory, .40 instead of 9mm. My LGS switched them out for me, and I haven't had a problem with it since.
  8. The Sig hands down. My next purchase will most likely be a SIG 229 40S&W.
  9. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I would buy the H&K.
  10. I'm not crazy about some of the goofy color schemes and I also don't have any real use for the rail although it is not a deal breaker for me if a gun has a rail. It would be nice if you could order a new SIG without the rail. The prices don't bother me as long as the gun performs as it should. I guess different strokes for different folks.
  11. I would contact SIG. I have not had any issues like this, however, if I did I would contact them immediately. I have heard from several people that their customer service is top notch and considering what a SIG costs I would expect nothing less.
  12. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Ya I would if it was mine. It's our PD issued gun, so the armorers just replaced the bad parts. I just lost faith in it after that.

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong