Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Need Help! I want to convert my Glock 23 to 9mm.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scandinavian01, Nov 10, 2012.

1. scandinavian01

Oct 14, 2011
    I recently bought a Glock 23 Gen 2 in excellent condition, and I would like to know whats the best course of action to convert it to 9mm? Should I buy a whole upper 9mm slide assembly, or buy a conversion barrel? Which conversion barrel is the best choice as far as reliability? I really like the look of the kkm and storm lake. I would really appreciate anyones insight on this.
  2. sig357fan

Apr 8, 2008
    SW OH
    the cost of a complete upper in 9mm to use on your G23 frame would be close to the cost of a complete firearm.

if you just want to shoot 9mm in your G23 get a conversion barrel and try it with your G23 mags loaded with 9mm ammo.

if you have feeding issues then get a G19 mag to use with your conversion barrel in your G23.

if you want a dedicated 9mm as in a G19 than sell/trade your G23 for a G19.

the only 40 to 9 conversion barrel I have is a LWD that I use in my G31, I've fired thousands of rounds with no issues.

3. TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    There are many members here that only use 9mm magazines and conversion barrel and are doing fine. If you plan to carry I would switch out other internals such as: ejector, extractor claw...