Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need Help Finding a Serviceman

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by TexanOutWest, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. TexanOutWest

    TexanOutWest I'll Take Point

    May 17, 2003
    East Texas
    Someone I work with is searching for her brother to whom she hasn't spoken for almost a year. He's an Air Force Reservist and she's concerned because she hasn't heard from him in a while. He may or may not have been called up, but she's not sure. In his civies, he's a medical equipment tech for the Bayer company. Are there any contacts that can help her locate him or at least find out if he's been activated? Thanks for any info.


  2. Garr

    Garr Be Prepared

    Jun 8, 2004
    Washington State
    If the reservist has been mobilized, the red cross can help (probably), visit the local office. If not, look up the Air Force Personnel Center and give them a try, they may or may not be of assistance.
  3. RussP

    RussP Moderator

    Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Good advice: Try the Red Cross... They can find someone...
  4. Penman

    Penman Goauche User

    Feb 12, 2002
    At the slant board
    I believe there's a Personnel Office in the Pentagon that should be able to help.


    Jan 9, 2004
    There used to be a "serviceman finder" site, but since 9/11 it and others like it have been taken down.
  6. mdavid


    Jun 10, 2003
    Newark, TX
    It seems like you would have the best results by walking in to the local Air Force recruiter and asking the same question.
  7. WIG19

    WIG19 Light left on

    Oct 27, 2003
    Renegade State
    As they are, by law, holding his job for him & should have a copy of any orders that justify placing him on "military leave" his employer should know his status as well. Good luck.;?

    Edit: Also, if he has been mobilized, here is a list of AF base family support webpages, depending upon where he might have gone active. He certainly would've reported to a base of some kind to finish getting provisioned with everything his active-duty brethren have (although the AF is better than the Army at blurring the line between reserve & active IMO). Perhaps there's a contact number in there that can further the search. Again, good luck. :)