close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need help! Bead blasting

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by fifty2you, Jan 28, 2010.

1. fifty2you

fifty2you Bad guy

Does any one know some one or a company that is local in cincy/nky That can bead blast a gun for me to bring back the matte finish! I'm sick of sending it out and paying a arm and a leg to have something done local if I could! It's a kimber ss target II and the guy that had it before me rub the kimber side of the gun(left) and started making it shinny! Rest of the gun is still factory matte ! Please help

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010

2. fifty2you

fifty2you Bad guy

No he did not carry it and only shot it ones he said and the wear was on only one side and locked like over cleaning! Gunsmith said same thing! There would be marks on other side too if holster wear

3. fifty2you

fifty2you Bad guy

Garrett Gunsmiths Inc
    838 Monmouth Street, Newport, KY
    (859)*261-1855 -

Great guy and seen his work and it bad ass! And price is not to bad either

4. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Thats a real shame. The reason I asked is that its normal for there to be more wear on one saide than the other. It sucks that someone had to screw up a nice pistol.:crying:

5. fifty2you

fifty2you Bad guy

Yeah I'm just glad I was told about this gunsmith! He is a lic kimber armor and he is taking the full gun apart and replacing everything inside and redoing the full gun and finish and giving me a new barrel for $200

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010