Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need Doc Advice

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by BruderGlock, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. About 6 months ago I had a nice little bicycle wreck in which I wanked my left hip. It wasn't bad enough for me to stop riding or working out - I just played hurt for about 4 weeks. Here recently the hip has been giving me some difficulty - pain when I put some torque on the joint. I want to get this checked out - I guess that I need to see an orthopedic doc. I want to bypass going to my family practice doc on this - he will probably send me on to a specialist anyway. What do you all recommend - am I on the right track by seeing an orthopedist?
  2. Darkangel1846


    Jul 19, 2004
    Well I would see your family doc 1st. At least let him do the basic work up to decide if its muscle, ligament,tendon or bone injury. He can do this in one visit and prescrib a basic treatment. In many cases you cannot get in to see and bone doc without a consult from a family practioner(as it is at my Hospital ins program). Also some insurence will not pay for a Bone Doc visit with out a primary phy treating you first. Bone Docs are not cheap, and the majority of people who make their own appointments with them end up shelling out of pocket because Ins. refuses to pay, the bad side of diagnosing yourself. See your family Doc., he will send you on if your need is really a Bone doc.
    good luck

  3. Darkangel1846 - Thanks for the info. - I will be visiting my PC doc on Mon.
  4. Reyn

    Reyn Times Up

    Jan 25, 2005
    One thing i would do is find a sports doctor. I tore a bicep several years ago and went to a regular orthopedic. I didnt like his advice and went to one who specializes in sports injuries. Best decision i made.