close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need complete bolt

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by FireForged, Feb 17, 2010.

1. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    I have been reading some of the comments about gas keys getting loose etc. I was wondering if I can purchase a complete bolt that is already has a "staked" key that will drop right into my bushmaster AR. I am thinking that they should all be the same spec shouldnt they?

and "staked" key just means that it has a pin in it to keep it from getting loose? right?

2. weaponizer

weaponizer

Aug 18, 2006
    No, staked means that the metal around the bolts are "indented" with a special tool or a punch to prevent the bolts from moving...

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Get a BCM bolt carrier group from BravoCompanyUSA

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  4. desertfox

desertfox <font color="red">Suspended</font>

Apr 6, 2005
    Arizona
    and the key is part of the Bolt Carrier. so a complete unit would be a Bolt Carrier Group.

5. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

Jun 27, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Any complete carrier you buy (bolt doesn't have to be included) should be staked from the factory. Now, how well that staking is depends on who you bought it from.

I too would buy a complete BCM bolt/carrier (or just the carrier if you don't want/need the bolt) and be done with it.

6. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

Jan 17, 2003
    NC
    why not stake it yourself? hammer and a screwdriver :)

7. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Daniel Defense is also G2G. I went with them b/c BCM has the laser etched logo and both are supplied by CMT. Plus it came with a Crane O-ring.

I have an extra new-in-tube complete DD F/A BCG w/ black extractor insert and Crane O-Ring for $125 shipped if you like... it's actually being shipped to me now, but I won't need it when it gets here.

Beats a restocking fee for me...

PM me if you're interested.

8. pat701

pat701

Feb 2, 2005
    Beyond OZ
    I bought a complete DD F/A BCG from Brownells 6 months ago for $140 so the deal for $125 sound pretty good to me. The DD is in of the best.

9. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    I've got one in line and will close the deal tomorrow at noon unless FF wants it.

I'm hoping this will generate positive "gun karma" and that I will stumble across a deal soon myself...

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

10. djegators

djegators

Mar 1, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I like the idea of buying a BCM BCG...save your current one as a backup.