close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need an armorer to advise me

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by eseaton, Dec 19, 2011.

1. eseaton

eseaton 'OP'

Jun 4, 2008
    I one a G-30, G-33, and a G-22. I would like to change the transfer bar (I believe this to be the right terminology) and the appropriate springs to make a smoother and easier trigger pull for all three weapons.

I have heard that contrary to common sense, a person actually increases the spring weight on certain springs to reach this goal.

How hard would it be for me to make these changes in all three weapons? I have an armorers tool but have not tried to do this modification.

Any thoughts and insights would be welcomed. Actual parts needed in each case would really be a help as I want to do it right but like to do this kind of thing myself when I can. I understand it is simple enough but I do want to put in the right parts in the right weapons.

Thanks for your time.

eseaton

2. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    http://www.glockmeister.com/Tech_Info.asp

Practice detail stripping and re-assembly with with the Glock tool. If shooting/practicing alot, then you realize that these trigger changes are semi-worthless.

Order necessary parts, install said parts, Done.

You do not need to be a Glock armorer to answer this one. There are multiple permutations of the trigger connector +/- spring changes. Trial and error will achieve the best one for you. You can spend alot, or you can spend a little. What works for one person, will not work for another.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

3. Take a look at the Lone Wolf site. Look around at their springs and connectors. Watch some YouTube videos. You will soon understand the functions (took me about 30-45 minutes). Then give lone wolf a call and place your order.

4. eseaton

eseaton 'OP'

Jun 4, 2008
    I wish I could practice more but with one income and a chronically ill wife, funds are limited. I wanted to get advice that would fall somewhere in the average of what people look for in trigger pull i.e. short take-up, light pull, quick reset, etc.
    Can you or anyone help me specifically (spring weight, etc.) in relation to that question?

Thanks

Eseaton

5. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Dec 25, 2010
    Umm, Earth!
    try a competition spring KIT and a 3.5lb connecor (Ghost Inc.) makes a good one.
    Polish the entire trigger bar and all the moving components when you are installing it. Use the Mother's when polishing.