close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by slainer, Jul 10, 2012.

1. slainer

slainer

Feb 18, 2006
    Florida
    Looking to buy a Marlin .22 mag rifle. Do you recommend the mag fed or tubular mag? Any difference or advantage to either? I'd like the tubular with 12+1!!
    thx. Slainer

2. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    tube. .

No mags to buy
    No mags to lose
    Cleaner look

It's not a "tactical/combat" rifle so there is no need for fast reloads. But you can buy/make speed-loaders if you want.

But I am biased. . .

[​IMG]
    Marlin 983 (Magnum)

[​IMG]
    Marlin 881 (LR)

Also have a Marlin 60, Henry H001, Winchester 9422M that are all tube fed. . .

I do have ONE .22 that uses magazines. . . My Feather AT-22

[​IMG]

Obviously a highly sought-after tactical/combat weapon used by gangsters, operators and mall ninjas everywhere. . . :rofl:

But seriously. . . It was actually listed by name in the Clinton AW ban: "It's Scary looking!!!"

I will say this about the Feather. It's accurate, the barrel is easily removable for easy transportation, and it is without doubt, the quietest non-suppressed .22 I have ever heard. It also weighs less than 1/2 of a Marlin 60 (or similar).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

3. slainer

slainer

Feb 18, 2006
    Florida
    Very nice collection Bill! Tubular it will be! Thx guys!
    Slainer