close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

need advice on Gen 2 G23 brand new

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MSims, Feb 2, 2013.

1. MSims

MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    For sale 389 plus tax and background check out the door $411 with Tupperware box and 2 mags and manual... But noticed has the stainless tungsten guide rod... Besides everything original... What you value this at?

UPDATE*****************
    The reason I didn't buy it yet cause they are 2 /10 round mags and it will cost me almost $50 to get 1/13 round mag... So its close to $500... Thats why I'm not sure...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. Mitothy

Mitothy

May 10, 2011
    Given the current market condition I would think it would easily be worth 450 assuming it is in very good condition.

3. bennie1986

bennie1986

Dec 29, 2012
    Buddy of mine just got one like this.for $450 without the ss guide rod. Get it!

4. vmann

vmann Controller

Jan 22, 2010
    DFW
    if its brand new, why does it have a stainless guide rod

5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Yeah. That's what I was wondering. However, even really good condition (not new), that is a good price in this market. If you want to make it original, the recoil spring assembly isn't much $$.

6. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    You can replace the aftermarket part cheap if you want, a good 2 gen with mags is worth the asking price. WHAT ?!? You haven'yt bought it yet? Let everyone know where its at and somebody will snatch it up!

7. fortheboys

fortheboys

Feb 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Did you check to see if any other mods were done to it?
    Break down the weapon at the store and inspect it real good.
    If all seems ok after that, buy it.

I have one and it feeds/digests everything.

Good luck

8. MSims

MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    The reason I didn't buy it yet cause they are 2 /10 round mags and it will cost me almost $50 to get 1/13 round mag... So its close to $500... Thats why I'm not sure...

9. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

Feb 13, 2008
    I would live with the 10 rounders until the hysteria dies down. 10 vs. 13... Ehhhh... A reload can be done awfully quickly if you practice it.

Now if it were a Glock 17 and we were talking 10 vs. 17, it would definitely influence my decision a bit more.

1o rounds of .40 in that size package is still considerable firepower, BUT...

Have a look at the sticker on the box and see if it originally shipped with 13 round mags. If so, mention it to the shop owner and see what happens... ya never know.

Good luck!