Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Need advice on aftermarket barrel for G20 2nd gen

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by stevus, Dec 3, 2011.

1. stevus

Nov 20, 2011
    Sent my recently acquired g20 back to Glock to get a refurb (at no charge other then shipping) and while Im waiting I started investigating aftermarket barrels for a number of reasons mainly accuracy and reliability . Im trying to decide between the Wolf and KVM also Wolf makes a 6 and also one that can take a compensator . Is the KVM a better barrel? Is it worth getting a 6in barrel? and does the compensator work well enough for the trouble/cost ? Any other suggestions/comments ?
  2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    I have 3 LWD barrels. Lotsa folks here have them. Good price!

3. alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    I'll second LW, nothing wrong with Storm Lake, just more pricey for the same benefits. All I can say is, I see at least 2, maybe 3 barrels in my future, and they will be Lone Wolfs, unless of course, someone runs a sale, and the barrels I'm looking for can be purchased cheaper. It's all about saving money, and shooting lead. Have a couple of Glocks that don't like the lead, and that's what I shoot. I have two other Glocks, that shoot the lead just fine.
  4. stevus

Nov 20, 2011
    Thanks guys . I cant decide between the stock size and the 6in (possibly with the compensator)Anyone tried the 6in barrel in a G20? how about the compensator ?Does it work good?
  5. alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    With the 6" barrel, other than sticking out the front of a G20, it shoots superbly, in addition to adding velocity over shorter barrels. No experience with a comp, on any handgun, sorry.
  6. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Unless you have a longslide, I think a compensator on a six inch barrel would look pretty silly sticking waaayyy out there...
  7. For the best deal, quality vs. money, Lone Wolf has the market. I believe the only barrel that is better quality, is the Bar-Sto at twice the price of a Lone Wolf.
  8. oceanbob

Jun 26, 2010

I run a 6 inch lonewolf barrel and it runs 100%. I don't use a compensator because it's too much weight to articulate and you have to change out the recoil spring. Really, the Glock platform doesn't need a compensator.

A longslide might benefit a compensator and give you slightly more speed. The longslide has a heavier slide and more mass to move back which makes it more reliable. (IMO)

Read this short gun test of a longslide with compensator.

Good luck.!