close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

need advice for old cats

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by hammerkill, Aug 17, 2014.

1. hammerkill

hammerkill

Mar 1, 2012
    We have two old cats, Missy and Petey who are around 15. Missy's hips are wearing out and Petey has arthritis real bad. We have them on buprenorphine. It is expensive but gives relief. They get it 3 times a day. The vet wants to wean them off of it but the cat's are hurting. I think the vet is giving up. We also give them laser treatments. I realize that the time is near to send them across the "rainbow bridge" but other than the aforementioned problems they are OK. Is there anything else not as expensive? Is there a cheaper source for the buprenorphine? Any ideas to make their remaining days comfortable? Thanks.

2. ARP

ARP

Jan 29, 2012
    chiro adjustments and acupuncture. She has folk who travel from MD to WPA for treatment.

3. Is there another vet you can see? I don't know how expensive it is, but you could try meloxicam (metacam) or a steroid like prednisolone. Both have long-term use side effects, but it's worth a try. Good luck

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014