need advice for old cats

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by hammerkill, Aug 17, 2014.

1. We have two old cats, Missy and Petey who are around 15. Missy's hips are wearing out and Petey has arthritis real bad. We have them on buprenorphine. It is expensive but gives relief. They get it 3 times a day. The vet wants to wean them off of it but the cat's are hurting. I think the vet is giving up. We also give them laser treatments. I realize that the time is near to send them across the "rainbow bridge" but other than the aforementioned problems they are OK. Is there anything else not as expensive? Is there a cheaper source for the buprenorphine? Any ideas to make their remaining days comfortable? Thanks.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Looking at an M&P15....need advice Black Rifle Forum Wednesday at 7:15 PM
    Converting Yugo M85NP to rifle, need advice The Kalashnikov Klub Tuesday at 12:43 AM
    Advice needed on G43 trigger modification General Glocking Jul 26, 2015
    Need advice from GT motorheads The Okie Corral Jul 12, 2015
    Need advice G19 vs. G17 General Glocking Jul 9, 2015

3. ARP

ARP

chiro adjustments and acupuncture. She has folk who travel from MD to WPA for treatment.

4. Is there another vet you can see? I don't know how expensive it is, but you could try meloxicam (metacam) or a steroid like prednisolone. Both have long-term use side effects, but it's worth a try. Good luck

#3 rugercat78, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014