Need a stock for my 870... Hogue?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Inebriated, Sep 30, 2012.

1. I've started playing around with the stock on my 870 again... I took off the Mesa Urbino, and replaced it with the factory Remington stock, and I remember why I quit using it. The grip is just too narrow, and there's really no grip texture.

So I'm thinking Hogue... any thoughts? Good experiences? Bad experiences? Any other suggestions? Not looking for wood or a pistol grip, just a traditional polymer stock.

Thanks!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Need buttstock opinion for SBR. Black Rifle Forum Aug 20, 2014
    Need Help Finding Yugo Stock! The Kalashnikov Klub Jun 3, 2014
    Need some advice about a custom aftermarket stock. General Firearms Forum Apr 25, 2014
    Info needed on a buttstock Black Rifle Forum Sep 26, 2013
    Need a quiet stock for my DPMS LR-308AP4 Black Rifle Forum May 24, 2013

3. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

I have a Hogue on my Win 1200.

It fills the palm swell, it's rubberized so there's texture and it has a pretty soft recoil pad. No complaints. 12" LOP. If you're an Oompa-Loompa this should be one of your first considerations.

On my 870P I have the Remington Youth stock with the inclusive R3 pad. It has molded checkering that's pretty sharp and has stayed that way for a long time on my gun. No complaints. 13" LOP.

Some hosers around here like the Speedfeed IV-S so give that a look too.

4. Good to know, that sounds like what I am looking for. I shoot pretty square to the target, but the 12" is too short for me on non-PG stocks.

I have thought about trying the older style Remington stock (mine's the newer one without the checkering... just posted a pic in the pic thread), but I mean, Hogue seems to be the way to go.

And I've tried the SpeedFeed IV-S, but no PG stock compares to the Ubino for me.