close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need a siren

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by thetoastmaster, Sep 7, 2006.

1. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Please excuse the double post.

Hello firefighters and EMTs. I am refurbishing a 1927 Wurlitzer theater organ in Salt Lake City. This theater and organ belong to Salt Lake County, who uses it for silent movies and other events. I need a six or tewlve volt old electric motor driven siren (such as the kind once used in firetrucks, ambulances, and police cars), any make or model. If any of you have such a siren in your garages or shops, please send me a PM, so we can make financial arrangements.

Thank you very much.

-Bo

2. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    Well, that's a different request! I'll ask around, you never know.

3. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I've got one that I would send you at no cost if you covered shipping, but I'm not certain it works, and not sure how to test it. Several years ago it worked when hooked up to a battery charger. It is a Federal siren with the "V" grille commonly used by the FDNY in the 60s, painted army green so I presume it was a military siren.

I could have sworn that I was the only organist (or fan ) on GT. I've got a Rodgers 535 in my home and currently play at a Lutheran Church, I studied organ performance at Westminster Choir College and East Carolina University.

4. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Pm inbound.

5. Try sirenman.com

He has many vintage lights and sirens for sale. He also will fix and restore your items.