close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need a larger S&W J frame Grip

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RiverRatMatt, Dec 31, 2012.

1. 390ish

390ish

Dec 6, 2004
    virginia
    I am waiting for my Ahrends from Brownell's to arrive. I detest finger grooves on revolvers.

2. Wyoming

Wyoming

Feb 3, 2007
    Southwest Wyoming
    Something else you might try. I don't how big your hands are but if you are a big guy you might consider going up one size in revolvers to the S&W K frame in three inch barrel.

Like Berto said, once you go to a really bigger grip it defeats the purpose of the J frame. You reach diminishing returns to the point that a K frame would fit. If so, you will have a better trigger and could go to 357 magnum. A K frame 357 shooting 158 grain SWC LHP P+ ammo is a serious fighting handgun. A 357 would be "more better".:whistling:

3. RiverRatMatt

RiverRatMatt

Apr 15, 2010
    The J frame is still thinner and lighter than just about anything out there. The small increase in grip size has no effect on my IWB or cargo pocket carry :)

I might order one of the Pachmyer grips just to see how it fits, but the Hogue Monogrip suits me fine