close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NC permit to buy in SC?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by BigWaylon, Mar 8, 2007.

1. BigWaylon

BigWaylon

Feb 20, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I guess the sheriff's department could answer this, but I was hoping one of you could answer quicker/easier...

I got three permits (first ones) from the Meck Co Sheriff's Department a couple weeks ago...

I'm assuming I can buy anywhere in NC with them? What about driving to SC to buy one? (not having them shipped from out-of-state to an FFL)...just face to face purchases...

Thanks.
    Greg

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    You can buy long guns out of state but all handguns have to be shipped in and logged by an FFL.

:wavey:

3. BigWaylon

BigWaylon

Feb 20, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    thanks...

guess I'll just stay local...

I've gotten quotes for $479 for a G22 and a G27, so it's not that bad to start with...:supergrin:

Greg

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    Around Charlotte, I would think that is a pretty good price.

5. sifu128

sifu128

Feb 24, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    That's not bad. The cheepest I was able to find 2 months ago was 499.00 for my g19 with 2 15 rounds clips NIB at shooters express.

6. GAFFN1

GAFFN1

Feb 26, 2007
    Tha Beach, SC
    I picked up a NIB G27 for $491.00 after all was said and done!! I am here in South Carolina, the folks have a website if you want to check with nothing but Glocks!!!! PM if you want to check it out!!!

7. lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Mar 10, 2007
    NC
    look for dixie gun show and I know you can get most glocks with out night sights around 470-490...night sights around 550. I picked up a glock 26 at the last show in charlotte for 479 nib.

8. WolfiePacker

WolfiePacker Sarcasmologist

Oct 4, 2006
    NC
    If you are ever in Raleigh, Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center sells their Glocks for 485 w/o NS, 540 w/NS

9. edrobert

edrobert

Dec 18, 2006
    Man you guys are paying too much. Just find whatever pistol you want online at a much better price and have it shipped into a local FFL like Moorsville Pawn who'll do the transfer for $10 :) I've probably done 7-8 of these in the past 6 months since all the local shops over charge for everything. I really feel they take advantage of those of us who have no access to internet or are too uncomfortable with taking the online purchase plunge.