close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NC CCW restrictions?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by southernreign, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Okay, I have two friends in a NC CCW class today, and my friend called me today during their lunch break to ask if the fact his wife takes anti-depressants she may not be able to get her CCW permit? Is this true?
    I told him I did not know... anyone know?

LINE #4 STATES PEOPLE NOT ELIGIBLE:
    4. is an unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana, alcohol, or any depressant,​
    stimulant or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance;

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Only if she's using them unlawfully and or using them not as prescribed. Otherwise she should be go to go.

3. Thank you... that is what I thought to... and that is what I told her husband... He (her husband) said the CCW instructor told them otherwise.
    I would be interested to see what happens... my wife is on anti-depressants... but, she has NO desire to get a CCW permit. It is nice to know she still has the choice though.:upeyes:

Thank you for the reply.

4. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Not a problem. If you want to, PM me the instructor info. I can make sure they get the correct info on that.