close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NC Carry in Restaurants and Parks going to vote

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by NC Bullseye, Mar 17, 2009.

1. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Judiciary III committee will be meeting on March 19 to vote on HB269 which is the CHP in parks bill and HB270 which is the CHP in restaurants that serve alcohol.

Email the committee members to vote for these. Doing that is lots better than filling out the on line polls.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009

2. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Thanks MM!

3. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

Sep 11, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Just found this post.

It's a little late tonight, so I'll get on this after work tomorrow.

Thanks for the link!!!

4. purpledragonlily

purpledragonlily

Nov 20, 2008
    I emailed the whole list. There is a thread on this in political issues too.

5. Ponykiln

Ponykiln

Apr 28, 2007
    Fayetteville
    I emailed this entire list as well. Question for you guys you email there Reps often. Do you guys use the "request receipt" function so you know when they have opened the e-mails? I used this function for my e-mail, only three of the Reps have even looked at the e-mail. I sent the e-mail yesterday afternoon.

Thanks

6. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    I don't use it myself but I don't worry about them not reading it. They know that they best not ignore their boss(es). They will read them and count the opinions voiced. The more in favor the more weight we have with how they will react.

Just keep in mind that the reps are being swamped by not only us but every cause has people voicing their opinions so it may take a while.

That's a good reason to get busy as soon as possible!

Glad you got your emails out too!

7. Well, I got my emails out today. Here's to hoping they read them and act accordingly.

8. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Sounds like the Park one got withdrawn and the Restaurant one got sent to a sub committee in the Judiciary III group.

Gotta keep at em.

9. I've had good responses from reps I've emailed. Several have replied thanking me for my message and Rep. David Lewis said that he strongly supports both HB269 and HB270. Kudos to that fine gentleman.

10. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday

Oct 19, 2008
    So, what is the plan of action now? New people to email?

11. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    As soon as I get a response back I'll let you know who we need to contact on H270.

As for H269 it sounds like it's now history. It will have to be resubmitted at a later date and the process started all over.

12. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday

Oct 19, 2008
    Thanks for your work on this NC Bullseye! I'm sad that H269 is gone, but restaurants was much more important to me. I emphasized it a lot more in my emails, even though I did talk about both bills.

I've only received positive emails so far, with an exceptionally positive one from David Lewis, so that is a good sign.

13. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    The true optimist eh? :rofl:

Haven't even been able to find out who is on the sub committee yet. Will keep ya'll posted as soon as I hear back.

14. lbritt

lbritt

Jan 19, 2005
    I believe H270 is sponsored by all Republicans. The Judiciary III committee has seven Republicans and 10 Dem's. Time and efforts would be well spent seeking the support of the Dem's on this issue. If you are from Robeson, Caswell, Orange, Alexander, Catawba, Mecklenburg, Buncombe, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Swain, Guilford, Durham, Craven, or Pamlico Counties then you have Dem. Representatives on the committee. Let them know if you are from their area when you call or send emails.

15. Cody Jarrett

Cody Jarrett

Sep 14, 2006
    Any state with a law against carrying in a restaurant is not worth living in. What's next? Your one step away from Washington D.C. laws

16. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Thanks for your note worthy reply. :upeyes: