close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

National Reciprocity Law questions....

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Toorop, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    What national organizations are supporting this bill? I know the NRA is but what other national organizations are supporting it? Are any other political groups supporting it? What about law enforcement organizations? I ask because it seems like none of the other organizations are even talking about this?

2. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

Mar 13, 2006
    Susquehanna Valley, PA
    GOA supports it. Larry Pratt was on C-span last weekend talking about it.

3. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    All of the LE orgs that I've seen are against it because their political masters are against it. As well as the usual Brady nuts.

4. Jerry C

Jerry C Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Indiana
    Goa must have changed their minds on hr 822. In the news letter I got from them they were against hr 822 and in favor of hr 2900.

5. Oramac

Oramac

Oct 15, 2008
    True. I'd seen the same info. Apparently they're now for HR822.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
  7. Donn57

Donn57 Just me

Aug 11, 2006
    Sunny Florida
    Doesn't really matter. Dirty Harry will never let it come to a vote in the Senate.

8. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    The biggest push is from the NRA. The GOA has been curiously non-committed.

:wavey:

red

9. Acujeff

Acujeff

Jan 1, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Supporters of HR 822:

Buckeye Firearms Association
    The Patriot Post
    Gun Owners Action League (GOAL)

10. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy

Mar 29, 2008
    I hope I'm not being too judgemental, or pehaps even paranoid, but it seems to me that a lot of people and some pro-gun groups are pefectly content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing while the NRA and it's measly 4 million members pull the load for them.

In some cases, they even complain and criticize the NRA for attempting to pass legislation (H.R.822) that would benefit (in one way or another) every person in the U.S. that has a concealed carry license.

Opposition to to this legislation should be expected from anti-gun organizations but not from other pro-gun organizations and individuals.

The rationalization that this will give the federal more power over concealed carry laws, or encourage more anti-gun legislation doesn't hold water.

The NRA has successfully (with the help of many true friends) ushered this bill through the House.

The Democratic gun owners will now have the opportunity to see just how pro-gun the Senate Majority Leader (Harry Reid) really is.

It's also time for all pro-gun organizations to work together and encourage the Senate to pass this legislation and forward it to the White House.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  11. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    +1!!!!!!!!!!