close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Nancy Lanza was Doomsday Prepper

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    The mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza who slaughtered 20 US schoolchildren and seven adults was a gun-hoarding survivalist who was stockpiling weapons in preparation for an economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza was shot four times in the head before her son Adam gunned down young pupils and teachers at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters at her Illinois home that her gun-obsessed relative was part of the ‘prepper’ movement that fears an economic collapse will lead to a breakdown in society. “She prepared for the worst,” Ms Lanza said.

“Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping — are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

Nancy Lanza (52) had five registered firearms, had begun stockpiling food and taught Adam how to shoot. He is believed to have taken three of her guns — a Bushmaster .223-calibre, and two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm — in the school massacre after he shot her dead in bed.

After taking her car, Adam Lanza (20) blasted his way into the school building in Newtown, Connecticut and used a high-power rifle to kill 20 children and six adults, including the principal and school psychologist who tried to stop him. The youngest victims were six and seven, the oldest 56.

2. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    I am, for one. What kind of doomsday prepper lives in the fourth most densely populated state in the nation?

3. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    I'll bet that the media will call her everything but an envrionmentalist, vegan, sierra club member, etc... what ever will paint her as a right-winged gun nut that should have been disarmed, is all we will ever hear about her behaviors, hobbies and interests.

4. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    The narrative will be that preppers or anybody remotely resembling a prepper will be painted with suspicion or labeled an outright threat.

5. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    no...who would use it as political fodder.

6. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    I doubt the mainstream media will say much about that. But I have a few questions:

Did she keep her arsenal locked up and away from her special needs son?

Could a focus on a supposed coming collapse of society have had any effect on her son?

7. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Ah, I see.

Weird that the article is all the way from Northern Ireland. It'll be interesting to see how much play it gets here.

8. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    The source is her former sister-in-law. Do you believe there might be an agenda behind here comments.

A friend of Mrs. Lanza there in Newtown said today in an interview that she was not a prepper.

9. This is exactly what will happen. "See, here's another right-wing gun nut who indoctrinated her kid into the right-wing gun nut world and look what happened. Don't listen to these people and their 2nd Amendment rants...they are all crazy." This will be the narrative :upeyes:

10. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    well guess she wasnt prepared to defend herself against one of her own....guess i better hide my preps so I dont get labeled an extremist...the media should be taken off the air for the ***** they are reporting

11. Dreamliner787

Dreamliner787

Jul 12, 2012
    Last time I checked a Glock 10mm would never be a choice for preppers. It should be the G23 with 9mm conversion barrel.

12. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    I have no idea, nor do I care, if she was a prepper - but for the sake of argument I'll say that very few women outside of that survivalist/prepper community own bushmaster rifles.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    We've got to go after those dangerous preppers. And home schoolers too. Both groups are potential domestic terrorists and pose an inherent danger to "law enforcement".

14. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    And the fact if it's true that she was a prepper matters how? Just more Libertard smear anything to take advantage of a crisis! Get this straight they are wanting nothing less then the complete ban on firearms. This is the Libertards wet dream coming true and America is stupid enough to believe it!:steamed:

15. HarlDane

HarlDane

Jul 26, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley
    Am I missing something? The prepper was one of the victims. It's kind of hard to paint the lady who was gunned down in her own bed as part of the problem.

16. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    HarlDane
    Come on your a liberal thats the liberal way -always attack those that can't defend themselves! Never let a crisis go to waste!:steamed:

17. HarlDane

HarlDane

Jul 26, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley
    I know plenty of moms, including a number of single moms, who own guns, but none who own an AR and a 10mm. She was definitely into firearms.

18. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    If 3 weapons are it,she'd be a wee bit above average.Not the fanatic this "info" is trying ta infer.'08.