close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Name your favorite Bass lures.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Yojimbo, May 9, 2002.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Sword 4 Hire

Sep 5, 2000
    Ohio - USA
    What your favorite lures for Large Mouth?

Small Mouth?

2. BIG C IN BIG D

BIG C IN BIG D Useless Member

Jan 22, 2001
    I like to Carolina rig a Black or Watermelon seed Lizard on about a three foot leader. fish it deep on old road beads and where there is some deep cover like old fences ect. Use BIG weights 1/2 ounce at least and please no plastic beads use glass. :)

Also I like Spinnerbaits slow rolled accross the bottom or pulled near brush. :cool:

3. PACKIN' PLASTIC

PACKIN' PLASTIC 4,500+ posts

Jul 18, 2001
    Cloud Nine
    Must be the soft plastic worm, I've got damn near 100LB of them.

PP

4. MrMunster

MrMunster

Nov 4, 2001
    Depends on where I'm fishing, but Rapalas and Mepps have never failed for me.

5. berkley power bait, with cylinder shaped weights above them, sit out on my lake all day long cast out...let it fall down about 20 ft...sit there and jig it and real it in real real slow, large mouth tear the hell out of em

6. Depends on what time of year(water temp)

Spring> crank bait
    Summer> big plastic worm(night fishing)

7. Deuce

Deuce

May 1, 2002
    MN
    On one lake in N WI, I was trying everything NOT to catch them ... I wanted the supposed perch and bluegills instead. Started with crawlers ... caught a mess of largemouth. Then leeches ... caught a mess of largemouth. Then minnows ... caught a mess of largemouth. All the while, friends were using floating jigs with crawlers and leeches and they caught a mess of largemouth as well.

On another lake in MN, if they won't take the Bagley's, they'll take crawlers and vice versa.

8. KenS

KenS

Aug 6, 2000
    Zara super spook. Can't beat top water on a calm morning in the summer. ;a

9. jame

jame mange takk

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    Texas riged worm or crawdad. Needs tons of patience, but results are great.

10. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

Feb 10, 2000
    Virginia
    I agree with Big C. I use a Carolina rig and a 4 1/2" Zoom Pumpkin Seed Lizard.

11. Alphamed911

Alphamed911

Mar 4, 2002
    South Carolina
    Use a zara spook for topwater, and plastic jerk baits. Always have good luck with the jerk baits

12. G31C Pistolpete

G31C Pistolpete

Apr 13, 2002
    California
    Nothing ike our big california bass hitting on soft plastic jerkbaits, fished wieghtless on a 3/0 gamagatsu g-lock (YES G-LOCK) worm hook. I love the heart stopping moment when a big one boils right under it;j ;j ;j

13. 40Cal

40Cal Modurbator

Mar 7, 2001
    Tampa, FL
    So would that make you Castin' Plastic?
    Phishin' Plastic?
    ;g

14. PACKIN' PLASTIC

PACKIN' PLASTIC 4,500+ posts

Jul 18, 2001
    Cloud Nine
    No, I mostly just pack them around the shoreline.

Beefs me up:)

PP

15. shrpshtr

shrpshtr

Jan 25, 2001
    Sumter, SC, USA
    it is definitely seasonal for me. early spring i use terminators and/or shad rap cranks. during bedding i use lizards, worms, brush hogs, etc. in a variety of colors. (pumpkinseed/chartruese, watermelon, etc.) summer, definitely topwater! i agree with KenS, there are few things as nice as an exploding fish on a spook, minnow popper, jitterbug, or frog. but you also can't forget the jerk worms either.

16. smeet5150

smeet5150 Southern Son

Mar 25, 2002
    Lake Cumberland
    Berkley PowerBait or the venerable old Rooster Tail is good for either smallmouth or largemouth bass. i swear by them both.

17. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Fragmentation Grenade, Mk26. ;f

I've used a little of everything, but strangely the most single-successful bass lure I ever used was during the spawn, Texas summer, the "Lil' Shad" Wal-mart sells (like $1.50 for 3) the half-inch size or maybe three-quarter inch. They twitch and are small targets, so in the spawn they're dead meat. Friend of mine and myself caught about 20-25 bass in two hours. Granted most were a bit small and got tossed back, but it was still fun! They'd usually nail it about thirty seconds after it hit the water.

Crawdads on the bottom and "frogs" worked over grassbeds work well too.

18. ErictheWiseman

ErictheWiseman FrontSightPress

Apr 26, 2002
    I like all plastics, crank baits, and top waters. The lure I have had repeated luck with is the spinner bait. I use the SB in all types of vegetation and all types of structure. Overall great workhorse.

19. Islander-11

Islander-11 Meat detective

Nov 29, 2001
    Nantucket, MA
    My tackle box will clearly show that I don't have one favorite but my go-to rig would be a Texas rigged 6" Zoom lizard. I love fishing for largemouth bass.

I've only fished for smallies once but I'd do it again in a second! What fighters they are!