close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Naked Woman with a gun...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Gos, May 23, 2011.

1. Gos

Gos

Feb 18, 2001
    http://peachtreecorners.patch.com/articles/police-release-911-tape-reporting-duluth-shooting-6

Gwinnett Police have released a recording of the 911 call made by a Duluth woman after she shot the knife-wielding intruder who attacked her at home last Wednesday (May 11). Her assailant, identified by police as Israel Perez Puentes, 34, of Alpharetta, died later from the gunshot wounds.

The incident occurred about 6:30 a.m. when Punetes entered the home in the 2800 block of East Mount Tabor Circle in unincorporated Duluth, as the resident, a 53-year-old woman, was coming out of the shower, according to a Gwinnett Police spokesman. "She was exiting the shower when the man wielding a [kitchen] knife entered her bathroom," said Gwinnett Police spokesman Cpl. Edwin Ritter.

The woman tried to fight off the man with the shower rod after she had fallen into the bathtub. Her attacker then forced her into the bedroom. Puentes apparently was going to sexually assault her, Ritter said. She was able to retrieve her .22-caliber pistol and then shot him multiple times, according to Ritter. Puentes left the house through the rear door and collapsed in the backyard.

A neighbor to whose home the woman had run after the attack placed the 911 call then put her on the telephone. Sobbing hysterically, she managed to tell the dispatcher about the attack and give her address.

“I was in the shower and the lights cut out in my house, and a man came in with a hood, and he had a knife in his hand….He told me to be quiet. He told me to get out of the tub, and he tried to force me on(to) the bed,” the woman told the police dispatcher.

The woman was able to retrieve a .22 caliber pistol that she kept in a nightstand near the bed. “I took my .22, and I shot him as much as I could.” The woman informed the dispatcher she locked the rear sliding glass door after he ran out, and she rushed out the front door to the neighbor’s house. She said she wasn’t sure of his whereabouts.

Puentes was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville where he later died from his injuries. The woman was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth and was treated for minor injuries, Ritter said. No charges are expected to be filed against the woman. “It was apparently a justified use of deadly force," he said.

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    If that happened in my neck of the woods the officers, state attorney, and even the Judge would take up a collection to buy her a better larger caliber pistol and I would give her free shooting lessons with it.

3. Gos

Gos

Feb 18, 2001
    You know, over the years, I've developed quite the respect for the .22LR. It just seems like once past the skin they go wherever they want to and do much more damage than you'd think possible.

Better to shoot a smaller caliber well, than a bigger one poorly...

4. Dragoon44

Apr 30, 2005
    yep that is why I mentioned the free shooting lessons.

:rofl:

5. dsa1115

dsa1115

Sep 22, 2010
    Suburban Chicago
    I thought you were going to say that she had a pair of 38's and also had a gun.

6. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    I have seen many a hard-core thug felled by the lowly .22 LR and .25 ACP. Which is funny, since apparently "you should never shoot someone with a .22 or .25 cuz they'll get mad, take it away from you and beat you to death with it!" :upeyes:

Good on her!

7. Dragoon44

Apr 30, 2005
    We used to give free classes on self defense and shooting with a full day of range time two or three times a year. The classes were always full and typically it was women in their forties and fifties with some in their sixties.

Most had .22's .25's .32's and an occasional .380 or .38.

A lot of them found out their cheap little .25's were not reliable.

8. Yep, looks like a .22 got the job done...I guess it sucks to be him.....:rofl:

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Good for her. Don't you love happy endings.

10. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    She apparently did just fine with her lowly little 22. ;)

11. XDfense

XDfense

Nov 3, 2010
    Sweet. This is just a few miles down the road from my residence. I'm glad he's gone.

12. USAFE7

USAFE7 Retired USAF-SP

Feb 5, 2011
    Alabama
    She had 2 other pistols in the house. I'm guessing that's just the one she got to first.

13. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

22L centre mass can do some destructive damage.

14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Naked woman with a gun? I hope we can all finally stop bickering and agree that this is one time where Open Carrying is more appropriate than concealed carry.

Randy

15. jacquejet

jacquejet

Oct 18, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting "multiple times."

16. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Armed with a .22, she did the right thing:

>> "I shot him as much as I could.”

17. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Excellent. There are several ladies here at the courthouse who want to go shooting. I've offered to take them on a "range day" just to get a feel for firearms and firearms safety. I am using this article to shore up my reasoning.

18. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Sounds like pretty sage advice no matter what you're carrying. Kinda makes the 9mm/.40 S&W/.45 ACP debate moot, huh?

And Ajon, I'd LOVE to be the one to tell this nimrod's homies that a .22 took out their boy! Epic win!