close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My work in progress.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by BryGuy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BryGuy

BryGuy YUT UGHHHH!

Jul 21, 2010
    On my couch
    I finally started ordering parts for a lower I have had in a drawer for over a year.
    The company I ordered the lower parts kit from left out some parts. I am waiting to work it out with them. I put together what I could.
    I know, I know, I keep Magpull in business.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

2. cyphertext

cyphertext

Jan 6, 2004
    Dallas
    It looks good but something is missing....I can't quite put my finger on it.....

3. BryGuy

BryGuy YUT UGHHHH!

Jul 21, 2010
    On my couch
    I am missing the trigger and the hammer. Once I get those parts, I can finish it.

4. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    :rofl:

5. cyphertext

cyphertext

Jan 6, 2004
    Dallas
    Glad somebody recognized my sarcasm! :supergrin:

6. :rofl: :laughabove: :rofl:

7. chr_edw

chr_edw Holster Maker

Aug 11, 2006
    Broken Arrow
    Love the foliage green. I'm doing about the same thing except 300 blk.

8. Just finished the same thing in black from PSA.

[​IMG]

9. BryGuy

BryGuy YUT UGHHHH!

Jul 21, 2010
    On my couch
    Thanks. The color is called flat dark earth, and I am liking how it turned out.

That looks nice man. I thought about buying a kit through them, but I really wanted the BCM upper. I bought from three different places to build this thing. The upper is all BCM, and the lower is an aero precision lower.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  10. I bought a handful of the PSA lowers during the Black Friday sale. I figured I would go ahead an go with a full PSA build.

I am pleased with it. Other than a minor issue turning the pivot pin detent into a projectile, the build was pretty quick and painless.

I am already planning out my second and third builds.

I hope you have as much fun finishing yours as I did mine.

11. chr_edw

chr_edw Holster Maker

Aug 11, 2006
    Broken Arrow
    Oops hard to tell on the color. Considering the FDE on my next build.

12. pag23

pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    I get ragged on for using a lot of Magpul stuff on my AR's but I like their products... FDE won't work near me.. so I went OD green...

Looks good!

13. BryGuy

BryGuy YUT UGHHHH!

Jul 21, 2010
    On my couch
    I launched the spring to the rear take down pin across the house. I was about to get ticked off at my self, but luckily I found it on the tile floor.
    I am about to go check the mail and see if the last of the parts have made it here.

Thanks. I have always thought the Magpul hand guards were ugly as sin, but I think they are more comfortable than the standard ones while shooting. I like that they are made here in the USA.
    I am not to crazy about the rear back up sight. I might toss it in favor of an all metal one.
    I live around Phoenix so I think the color will blend well with the sand and dust around here.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  14. I kinda cheated, since I am planning a few more builds, I went and bought five or six of the detents, just in case. I will get some springs next.

15. BryGuy

BryGuy YUT UGHHHH!

Jul 21, 2010
    On my couch
    I plan on installing a mil spec trigger that has had a trigger job done to it. I thought about going all out with a Timney trigger, but I am not sure it is worth the money.

16. pag23

pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    Get the Troy folding rear sight.. very solid!!

17. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

Oct 30, 2011
    Oklahoma, USA
    Looking good! I'm a big fan of Magpul myself. As simple as it is, I think the B.A.D. Lever is one of my favorite Magpul additions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk