close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My wife wants a gun and a PTCFOR

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by darwin25, Oct 2, 2010.

1. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

After refusing to hold a gun for so long. Finally she said yesterday I want a gun, a PTCFOR and professional training. She wants me to sell an HPR of mine so I wouldn't have to mess with my incoming x'mas bonuses. MAUTAK. And told me to find her some professional training.

I can only guess why she had a sudden change of heart. I bet she was really worried by the abductions and violations of women (gang-rapes) these past few days.

What a breath of fresh air

She want's a Walther PK380.

2. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    You could have her try the Bersa Thunder 380. :)

That said, Dino's new outfit is selling the Walther PK380,
    and it is probably easier to rack its slide than the Bersa's, and
    seems to be lighter, too.

Psst... Dino! Alokan mo ng discount si Darwin! :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010

3. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

yah, I told her that. She only wants a Walther PK380

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    It's best not to argue with her. :)
    Bili na kaagad!

5. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Professional training??? Kayang kaya mo na yan Darwin. :supergrin:

6. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    I wonder kung parehas lang ang magturo sa wife on how to drive a car and firearms training.

I tried teaching my wife how to drive.
    To cut the story short when I told her to step on the brakes she stepped on the gas pedal.
    Kawawang poste sa basketball court at bumper ng kotse.

Kinabukasan we went to A1 Driving School.
    Nakakabilib ang mga instructors doon...parang mga daredevils sa lakas ng loob.

Just thinking out loud.

Back to topic!

7. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    Hey Dar, the .380 is the smallest caliber I'd let her shoot and carry, if you can find her a 9mm she can comfortably rack and fire go for it. The trigger is ok naman, and gets better with time (just like the P99 and the P22) it is double action though.

8. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Walang tiwala sa kin asawa ko pagdating dyan. Kaya nga siya magca-carry na din e.:supergrin:

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

I had her hold different guns a few gunshows ago and the Walther P22 was the one she liked. She said it fits her hand like a glove but she wants it in .380. A few minutes later she had a panic attack from all the guns in the room and she never held a gun again eversince.:crying:

Well I can only tell why she had a sudden change of heart. She is obviously worried about street violence and the recent abductions violations, rapes of women. She travels a lot to different provinces all over the country, many have problems with peace and order, due to the nature of her work and have no one to depend on but herself. I bet she feels very vulnerable.

I think the .380 will suffice for now. I will let her progress by herself. The important thing now is not to break her stride.

10. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    I've never shot a 380 before or probably I dont remember , malaki ba difference sa 9mm?
    I'd say go for the 9mm , just tell her mas mahina recoil ng 9mm and it's used by men who cant handle the recoil of a real gun

btw, there are female firearms trainers din though i dont know if gender makes one a better trainer, siguro may kasamang girl talk at chismisan
    Naisip ko baka sa mindset , since galing sa female perspective ang sa kanila
    Who knows what they're thinking

11. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    I hope you didn't over look the Taurus PT111. The grip and size is almost the same as the P22

12. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Mar 2, 2008
    This might be a good time to "cross-sell" her on some unarmed combat skills. Importante yun bro as she won't always have her gun in her hand.

Kudos to your wife for taking responsibility for her own safety!

13. glock4ever!

glock4ever!

Oct 9, 2008
    I would choose a handgun which would be easy for her to operate. The trigger pull should be light enough for her to shoot comfortably. I think Walther PPK does not have light trigger pulls, and so are most revolvers. I believe Glock pistols are a good choice for ladies. They have light trigger pulls ( 5.5 lbs ), and are easy to operate ( no external safeties, just cock, point and shoot ). For the ammo, I would choose a 9 mm parabellum. 9mm has sufficient stopping power. Hence, I would recommend a 3rd gen, Glock 19, or Glock 26 for your wife.

14. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Napansin ko lang , the biggest hadlang matuto ang mga girlaloo sa larangan ng pag tudla is the guys w/ her themselves
    Masyado binebaby
    Hindi mahihina mga yan, malalakas mga yan! nagkukunwari lang kasi ganyan ang mga type nyo
    Kelangan lang ng positive reiforcement

just watch the lady shooters sa ipsc today shoot 9mms
    the first time I saw them shoot laglag panga ko
    they can do what the guys do kasi they didtn believe they couldnt

15. presidingglock

presidingglock

May 16, 2006
    Cebu
    Let her have what she wants and not what you think she wants. Its peaceful in the homefront that way.

16. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    Actually, basing from our experience of teaching basic defensive pistol courses, imho, girls or women in general are easier to teach/train than men. :)

17. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    i agree with Fafa A. Example na lang ang mrs ko pag kasama ako magbukas lang na jar na mayo hirap na ipapasa pa sa akin para buksan kahit kaya naman. Ang lagi ko sinasabi paano pag wala ako hindi ka na kakain ayon biglang maiinis instant strength open kaagad yung jar.

Ang matindi doon siya lang din naman ang nagsasara since hindi ako kumakain ng mayonaise.