close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Truck

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by SAWMAN, Aug 4, 2007.

1. SAWMAN

SAWMAN
    Expand Collapse

I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra TRD (4X4). It has got 42K on it now and has been a great ride.It has an aftermarket breather box(Borla) and the TRD exhaust system. Guessing, I'd say it makes close to 300HP.

I test drove the new 5.7L Tundra(twice). I was impressed. It's big and it's fast. It makes 381HP,and with the same set up as my truck it will produce 400+HP. This,while still using reg unleaded. Supposedly TRD does have a supercharger available for the truck that will give you another 60-70HP but that will set you back $3500 or so.

Please........sombody get the new 5.7L so they can push me over the edge to purchase. Thanks in advance.

EDITED To Add: Sorry folks,ment to put this in "Time for a new truck" thread.

2. spober

spober
    Expand Collapse

why why why.would any yahoo want that kinda hp in a truck?????if im gonna drop 5 k+ on a blower its gonna be on a nice looking car!

3. Harbour

Harbour
    Expand Collapse

Based on the reviews I've read, even with the new Tundra's sophisticated traction control, it is often impossible to harness all the stock horsepower.

If I needed a huge 1/2 ton, the Tundra would be my only choice. But my V-6, '06 Taco serves 90+% of my trucking needs in a much more economical and nimble package.For that final 10%, I hook up the cargo trailer.

With all that said, if gas were under $2.00 per gallon, I'd want the new, big V-8 Tundra, because it is an awesome beast. :shocked: