close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My Springfield Milspec 1911 is awesome!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by RMTactical, Jun 8, 2010.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Got to take out my new milspec today and I was very happy with it.

[​IMG]

Although I haven't had any problems with my CBOB, I am still fairly new to 1911's and have heard all of the horror stories. That said, I have also heard all of the hype. This gun did not let me down. Ran about 100 rounds through it and I gotta say it's a keeper, no problems whatsoever, just straight shooting, smooth recoil and good times!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    I'm glad to hear you had fun I think 5" guns are a lot more fun to shoot then the 4" models.

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    SA Mil-Spec. is an excellent 1911 pistol.

4. RM I just bought one a few months ago & did not get out to shoot it as of yet Question did you first field strip it & clean it ? or did you just go out & fire it first ? My saftey is a little tight & stiff & hopefully after a few rounds it will loosen up, SA told me to first clean the gun then go out & shoot the life out of it, I went & bought a couple of new TRIPPS magazines to carry with my JHP ammo, I hope to make this my daily carry gun, if all works well. Please reply with your input on this for me.

5. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I never field stripped it. I still haven't. I am just too tired tonight. I might get to it tomorrow. Safety is certainly more stiff than my CBOB was, but not too bad. I like it just fine the way it is right now. I couldn't be any more pleased with this gun at this point.

I will be doing some more shooting with it and will likely post a review about it on my blog sometime in the coming months. I usually like to take the gun to the range more than once, field strip it a few times, and just fondle it on and off for a few weeks or months before I try and give any kind of in depth opinion on something. This way, it's more than my simply "impressions" of it from holding it at a gun store or something like that.

That said, so far, I am impressed.

6. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle I make it rain!

Jul 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Nice, I love my GI and think Springfield make an excellent "base" model 1911.

7. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
  8. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Sweet! I may pick up one of these down the road just for kicks. Keep hearing nothing but good things.

9. Chonny

Chonny

Mar 30, 2010
    Edmond, OK
    I had one several years ago, it was a good one. Taught me what I like about 1911 and what I dont. Shot my first recoil spring across the room. It was like making love. Well not really.