close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My SLLLOOOWWW 2nd Build...

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by shooter9696, Oct 29, 2011.

1. shooter9696

shooter9696
    Expand Collapse

1st build: Stag lower and Stag 2HT Upper with Tapco furniture. A fine first basic build.

2nd build plan: Noveske 2nd Gen Lower, Wilson Combat LPK, Magpul furniture and Noveske 14.5" LO-PRO Upper.

PLAN
    Step #1. Buy lower as soon as Rainier Arms is back in stock.
    Step #2. Buy LPK, stock and grip.
    Step #3. Save a LONG time for the upper...

Anyone else build like this?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. RYNOCG201

RYNOCG201
    Expand Collapse

I have two lowers waiting to be built. I will be using a similar process, with special emphasis on save for a long time. I'd like to make one a bare bones carbine, and one into something aimed towards more precision.

3. Clint-M

Clint-M
    Expand Collapse

I tend to get a build done pretty quickly and buy things on a whim that I don't necessarily need or want. Then I end up selling whatever I'm unhappy with for a loss and starting over again. In the process now if anyone is looking for a BCM upper. :embarassed:

I always say I'll do things slowly but once I get a few pieces in I get too impatient and it costs me.

CM

4. txgunguy

txgunguy
    Expand Collapse

I literally just ordered a stripped lower and am going to do this exactly. But I'll probably get my upper next month.

My first ar I bought already assembled and slapped them together. After watching how to put a lower together, it's so easy I've got to do it myself.

Any recommendations on lpks? I'm leaning toward a palmetto state amory one.

5. ddbtoth

ddbtoth
    Expand Collapse

I look and plan for weeks after I buy some lowers. Then it starts to drive me crazy and I snap and buy everything. I put together my first build last night, now I wondering what to do with the next one. Maybe do a pistol build for a back up gun--don't know yet.

6. nastytrigger

nastytrigger
    Expand Collapse
    Mediocre Member

I bought my first rifle and built my second. Building is much more fun, you can personalize as you wish, and you have a 'relationship' with the rifle because you built it yourself.

7. shooter9696

shooter9696
    Expand Collapse

The only one I've purchased was a stag. It was stag through and through.

For my next build I'm going to do a Wilson Combat lpk (on their site) as they're only $50 (cheaper than most I've seen).

8. ddbtoth

ddbtoth
    Expand Collapse

I used a PSA LPK-went together well, except for the trigger roll pin--you got to really smack it-make sure to support the other side or you will snap off the ear on the other side of the receive. I hear Colt makes a really good LPK, but honestly I think they all come from the same pieces and parts manufacturer.