close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My SLLLOOOWWW 2nd Build...

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by shooter9696, Oct 29, 2011.

1. shooter9696

shooter9696

Dec 14, 2008
    1st build: Stag lower and Stag 2HT Upper with Tapco furniture. A fine first basic build.

2nd build plan: Noveske 2nd Gen Lower, Wilson Combat LPK, Magpul furniture and Noveske 14.5" LO-PRO Upper.

PLAN
    Step #1. Buy lower as soon as Rainier Arms is back in stock.
    Step #2. Buy LPK, stock and grip.
    Step #3. Save a LONG time for the upper...

Anyone else build like this?

2. RYNOCG201

RYNOCG201

Nov 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I have two lowers waiting to be built. I will be using a similar process, with special emphasis on save for a long time. I'd like to make one a bare bones carbine, and one into something aimed towards more precision.

3. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    I tend to get a build done pretty quickly and buy things on a whim that I don't necessarily need or want. Then I end up selling whatever I'm unhappy with for a loss and starting over again. In the process now if anyone is looking for a BCM upper. :embarassed:

I always say I'll do things slowly but once I get a few pieces in I get too impatient and it costs me.

CM

4. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I literally just ordered a stripped lower and am going to do this exactly. But I'll probably get my upper next month.

My first ar I bought already assembled and slapped them together. After watching how to put a lower together, it's so easy I've got to do it myself.

Any recommendations on lpks? I'm leaning toward a palmetto state amory one.

5. I look and plan for weeks after I buy some lowers. Then it starts to drive me crazy and I snap and buy everything. I put together my first build last night, now I wondering what to do with the next one. Maybe do a pistol build for a back up gun--don't know yet.

6. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    I bought my first rifle and built my second. Building is much more fun, you can personalize as you wish, and you have a 'relationship' with the rifle because you built it yourself.

7. shooter9696

shooter9696

Dec 14, 2008
    The only one I've purchased was a stag. It was stag through and through.

For my next build I'm going to do a Wilson Combat lpk (on their site) as they're only $50 (cheaper than most I've seen).

8. I used a PSA LPK-went together well, except for the trigger roll pin--you got to really smack it-make sure to support the other side or you will snap off the ear on the other side of the receive. I hear Colt makes a really good LPK, but honestly I think they all come from the same pieces and parts manufacturer.