close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My second Kahr, CW45

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by bklynpete, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Cowart

Cowart
    Expand Collapse

FWIW, I have a single unmodified 7 round mag for my CW45, and it works fine. So, it *is* possible to get a good one!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Kablam

Kablam
    Expand Collapse

So are we saying that a mag from a TP45 won't work (or may be troublsome) in the other 45s? That kinda blows. I could use any 9mm Kahr mag in my PM9. At least all the ones I tried worked.

3. Cowart

Cowart
    Expand Collapse

No, we're not saying that. We're saying that a *single* magazine owned by "ScoPro" has a problem in his *particular* gun.

4. Kablam

Kablam
    Expand Collapse

Yeah...guess I know that. Sorry. I jumped the gun so to speak. I feel frustrated that there are so many finicky guns out there. Stupid of me because I know the majority of them are fine. We just hear about problems on the Internet more than good resuts. The stupider thing is I have no problems with my guns. Again, sorry. I want to buy a CW45 and after reading some posts, I borrowed trouble that most likely wont affect me. Doh! :wavey:

5. bklynpete

bklynpete
    Expand Collapse
    Viet Nam Vet

The internet is both good and bad. Since I started this post, I've been very happy with my CW45. I also really like my CM9.

6. PattonT

PattonT
    Expand Collapse

I had a CW45 and actually liked it but I could not reload for it. About every other round would catch on the ejecting case. Factory FMJ was 100%. STAY AWAY FROM HORNADY with the Kahr 45's as the chamber is reamed too tight to feed. I tried the commander sized 1911 magazine and honestly it's not worth the trouble of modifying it to work with the Kahr testing it so much. I had one of the safariland ALS holsters for a G19 that worked great.

7. bklynpete

bklynpete
    Expand Collapse
    Viet Nam Vet

I would think any lead round nose bullet would work for reloading. I'm guessing the Hornady bullet is JHP. I'm sure I may get some arguments here, but it is my understanding not to use reloads for SD ammo. I only use factory JHP, and so far, haven't found any rounds that don't work well in my CW45. I use a MTAC for a G19 for my CW45, and it works well also. I heard about modifying 1911 mags, but I'm happy with the stock 6rd mag. Maybe, one day, I'll try an ext 7rd mag for a backup.

8. Kalmah

Kalmah
    Expand Collapse
    Supreme Member

I hadn't heard of any issues with the 7 rd mags. Mine works just fine. I use it for an extra carry mag, with a 6 rd in the gun. I thoroughly tested it before declaring it good to go.

9. PattonT

PattonT
    Expand Collapse

No, Kahrs are known for there tight chambers so the Hornadys literally don't fit. The problem with reloads was actually the fact I couldn't resize the casing small enough once again do to the tight chamber. If I took the decapping pin out of the sizing die and ran the finished cartridge through it would make it small enough but it sounds dangerous.

#29 PattonT, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  10. Cowart

Cowart
    Expand Collapse

11. scattershot

scattershot
    Expand Collapse

I just got a CW45, and mine won't feed Hornadys, either. In my research, I have found most folks prefer the Gold Dots in the Kahr. Another problem I encountered is that reloads with 200 lswc are problematic. Rnl and tc bullets seated fairly deep are the way to go, at least in my pistol. I like the pistol, but I'm not sure I would have bought it if I had known it was going to be so finicky.

12. PattonT

PattonT
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the are one of those pistols people will rave about but after you get one they are like yeah they won't do this or that. I met someone who said his does not like any hollow points and he is limited to ball ammo only.