close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My second experience with a GSSF match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MotoGlock, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MotoGlock

MotoGlock
    Expand Collapse

I believe I would make a pretty darn good R.O. :supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Good. I am trying to make you, Chad, and Scott feel particulary guilty so that you'll all be certain to volunteer next time. :wavey:

3. 1RoundEye

1RoundEye
    Expand Collapse

I knew where you were going with that comment. :upeyes:

We'll see what happens next year. I was pretty tired after a week of SHOT Show and I'm not sure I would have been able to provide the happy go lucky attitude that Moto would have been looking for. I just think that if they required all ROs to have at least shot one match, and to have read the rule book that things would go a lot better.

There have been multiple occasions where the ROs have not been as competent as Kitty which resulted in a "disagreement" about scoring and/or squading procedures. :whistling:

#43 1RoundEye, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. Comrade Bork

Comrade Bork
    Expand Collapse

All of the award guns GSSF puts out in an entire year does not match the number of guns Glock itself puts out the door in one 8-hour shift!

In the greater scheme of things, GSSF is hardly a blip on the Glock radar.

GSSF is an exercise in Advertising, Public Relations, and Customer support.

As with all such activities, they are not a profit center. Any company does them for the sake of indirect benefits that are difficult to quantify.

I guess Glock believes GSSF is worth it, otherwise they would have pulled the plug on it sometime during the 22 years GSSF has been doing matches. :dunno:

:upeyes:

5. SMLR

SMLR
    Expand Collapse

I agree, GSSF is great for new shooters, but it also make those of us that shoot IDPA and USPSA better shooters.

I give GSSF full credit for making me a better all-round shooter as it keeps me honest in the accuracy department.

In disciplines like USPSA you can overcome poor accuracy, at least to a degree, by shooting faster.

To win in GSSF you have to be accurate.

6. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

Moto, if you TRUELY want to enjoy GSSF you must first bet "ede" on the plates. Trust me, from then on out every match will be interesting. LOL :)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. PM720

PM720
    Expand Collapse

I just bet RoundEye on scores, loser buys lunch. I should be eating for free for quite some time! :whistling: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scott

8. 1RoundEye

1RoundEye
    Expand Collapse

Oh, it's so on!!! :steamed:

I don't care if I have to put one in a "No Shoot" while pasting your targets, you'll get yours... :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

#48 1RoundEye, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  9. PM720

PM720
    Expand Collapse

:bringiton: :duel: :poke: :rofl: Good thing we're friends! chad? chAD?? CHAD??? :nailbiting: :outtahere:

10. 1RoundEye

1RoundEye
    Expand Collapse

:tempted:

:50cal:

11. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

12. fg17

fg17
    Expand Collapse

I know this thread is a little old. But I thought I would chime in anyway. GSSF is the reason I bought my first glock. I love the format. Although I have had training in the military and have taken a tactical shooting course, when I am shooting for enjoyment I have no desire to run n gun and navigate an obstacle course, I just want to shoot. I also compete in a local indoor league. So to each his own. I support all of the shooting sports.

13. ede

ede
    Expand Collapse
    Bama's Friend

you're lucky I feel sorry for children in need and dumbasses or I'd took your bet and your money.

14. mikey357

mikey357
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

But Ed, tell us how you feel about Children who ARE Dumbazzes?!?! LOL! Shoulda' taken the $$$, my friend!... :) ....mikey357