close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My Retirement Gun

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by SCmasterblaster, Apr 25, 2012.

1. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I have a 1989 Glock Model 17 pistol with who knows how many thousands of rounds through it. Like me, it is "middle aged." I am thinking about getting a CCW gun for my senior years, and I am thinking about a Glock Model 36. I am thinking that seven rounds is just about adequate for a single opponent, but if I am attacked by two or three thugs, the seven shots might be inadequate. Should I just stay with my aging G17?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    At the speed at which I've seen you shoot, SC, three animated targets might leave you at slidelock after 7 rounds before the third one is down. The 17 has concealed for you just fine over the years. I'm inclined to listen to the wisdom of your fellow New Englanders: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

best,
    Mas

3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I'll stay with the G17, but I won't be able to count my shots - I'll run out of fingers!!