My panic buys...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by fnfalman, Nov 15, 2012.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I can't stand buying just eight, so I had to round it up to ten: SW 6906 and SIG Sauer P245. I don't have any Smithy autos, so I figured I need to have at least one. The P245 was a "look, neat gun!" buy and not a "panic" buy.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I don't care if the Delta Elite can take a full load 10mm. Full load 10mm is barely a .41 Magnum Lite. :)

Earl Swaggart didn't use no stinkin' Dillon in Havana.:cool:

#42 fnfalman, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Like the Sig P245, I bought one years ago and it's still sitting in the safe, never fired. I'm thinking I may shoot it someday.

4. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

You sound like me. Of my 72 guns I probably haven't shot 50 of them :) having a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a new house will do that.

TGG

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

My last panic buys for the year: Dan Wesson M14 and SW M38-2.

[​IMG]

#45 fnfalman, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. here are mine

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

This is truly the last of the panic buy, at least for 2012.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

That's just crazy talk. I wouldn't feed MREs to liberals.:faint:

9. Nice. I got a post election AK and AR.

10. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

fnf- what are your thoughts on the Colt Defender? I keep getting the itch on that particular gun but have avoided scratching it. Can't find a lot of folks who own one so I'd love to hear your opinion, assuming you've shot it yet. Thanks

11. Cool stuff.

Someone has a Colt fetish :) Come on, show your whole collection.

12. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm traveling right now so I'm not going to be able to shoot any of the new toys until probably early December. However from what I've seen and read about, the 9mm works well in the Colt compact pistols unlike other brands.

I replaced the ghastly Hogue rubber grip with some Hogue checkered wooden grips and it feels 100% better in my hands. The aluminum frame does cut the weight down when compared to my Officer's ACP. The 3" vs 3.5" barrel of the Officer's ACP really didn't make that much of a difference.

I noticed that the muzzle of the Defender was rounded off for better holstering (probably more for looks than anything). The Novak sights are nice, the action seems pretty slick.

I'll post range reviews on these toys when I get back home.

Overall, it seems to be a well made piece like all the current Colts.

It's a spill over from last year's 100th anniversary of the M1911 model, and I got carried away. I'm not really a Colt fan unless it's revolvers, but to answer your question, other than these ones that I've post I also have:

Colt Gunsite Service Pistol, blued Delta Elite, another blued .38 Super Government Model (maybe it's me but these guns are just better shooters than the other Colts), .38 Super El Centauro (bright polished SS Government Model), 9mm satin nickel Combat Commander (early 1970s), MkIV/Series 70 .45ACP (another sweet ass shooter), XSE Lightweight Commander in .45ACP, SS Gold Cup National Match circa 1993, Talo Edition CCO.

I think that's it for Colt M1911s.

I had a Springfield Armory GI and an ATI Commander that I gave to my best friend and his wife.

I had a SW Gunsite that I traded away.

13. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Thanks for the Colt Defender follow up FNF. Will be interested to get your thoughts post-range visit. Have a great holiday!

14. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

you just panicked yourself into the poor house

15. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The story of my life.

16. That's one heck of a short order haul! Congrats.

17. Dare I ask for the Colt revolver list? And then the Colt AR's?

You got more horsepower in your safe than a Ford Mustang :)

18. Looks like a proper panic buy!

Run out and buy guns that are copies of obsolete 100+ yo design with single stack magazines, buy open slide gun that everybody gave up on…. Buy guns in caliber that everybody forgot about.

When in panic people do not think rationally.

Why not buy modern guns? Guns in common calibers, high capacity guns and guns that are proven to be reliable?

#59 Kozel, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  19. I just bought 500 rounds of 9mm from Cheaper than dirt. BTW, I ordered on Sunday evening, they were on my porch Wednesday morning.