Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

My old dog

Discussion in 'OX & Alex Forum' started by Dinky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Zonny

Apr 22, 2006
    Tempe, Arizona
    I'm sorry, Dinky.

You know that she trusts in you and depends on you to make this decision. You and she both know it's the right one.

We'll all be thinking of you. :hugs:
  2. Dinky

Dinky Numpty

May 22, 2003

Thanks Zonny:hugs:

Yes it is the right decision but it is so hard.

I see the life in her eyes but her body is not able to do what I know she wants to do...:crying:

3. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    Hard to say good bye to a good friend.
    :crying: :hugs:
  4. doktarZues

doktarZues I'm anti-anti

Nov 11, 2003
    Brevard County, FL
    I had to put my best friend down in Aug of 2011, and it was one of the hardest things I had to do. He had been deteriorating for a few months and eating less and less. After two full days of not eating (even cooked him some bacon, more as a last meal than an effort to just get him to eat), we took him to the vet that next morning :(

Was one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with in my life. It was a long time before I finally got another dog because I was convinced I wouldn't put myself through that again.

Prayers of comfort sent to you and your friend.
  5. Dinky

Dinky Numpty

May 22, 2003

yes it is:hugs:
  6. OSSI

OSSI Litter Kitty CLM

Mar 17, 2004
    Tasmania, Australia
    We know it is.
    It is the easy way out not do do, but we owe it to them
    Because out of respect and because what they have given us
    But it is still bloody hard,and this never changes .
    The only consolation is the Rainbow Bridge I guess
    My thoughts are with you my friend

7. RLB

Nov 11, 2007
    Made that trip a few times myself. Last time it feel on my wife's shoulders as I was not home and it was my fur baby.
    It sucks. You have my thoughts as does Bracken
  8. fx77

fx77 CLM

Nov 23, 2008
    Been there too many times to count
    Just do for your dog everything she did for U...all works out...
  9. true believer

true believer Moderator

Apr 17, 2000
    drexel hill pa
  10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Real tears for you both. I know how much you will miss him.
  11. Dinky

Dinky Numpty

May 22, 2003
    Not over yet....:supergrin:

When this all started, with the seizure, I contacted my vet. He is a old time vet, not rushing into anything, lets see how things go, kind of vet. Keep an eye on her for anymore seizures or any other problems.
    Well she had a stroke, called him and said for me to give her two 81mg asprin, that was on Saturday I think, so two asprin on that morning, two Sunday morning. Things not looking good, not eating or drinking, walking is hard.
    I had made the decision Sunday after noon , to go to the vet on Monday and put my Bracken to sleep. I called my vet, he gave me his cell number, and we talked about things not changing and he said to bring her in on Monday.

Sunday evening I cooked her a chicken breast in some chicken broth. Hand fed her and she gobbled it down and drank all the broth:supergrin: Next morning she went out side and did business, made it down and up the stairs, leaning a little to her left side as she walked, but she did it. Walked inside, went over and tanked up on water, first water she had drank in three days.
    We did not make the trip to the vets office.

She was outside today, walking a little to one side but trying to herd the chickens:supergrin::supergrin:

She has not given up and neither have I. I know the end will come but damit, not today.....

Thank you all for your good thoughts...
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  12. OSSI

OSSI Litter Kitty CLM

Mar 17, 2004
    Tasmania, Australia