close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My NIB 2002 AC date code P226

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by exan, Feb 5, 2010.

1. exan

exan

May 4, 2009
    Just got this last week,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

together with my '97 KH date code P226
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Congrats! Nice find.

3. steve1911

steve1911

Jul 12, 2004
    oregon
  4. exan

exan

May 4, 2009
    Thanks guys! I believe 2002 was the last years of the carbon steel slide with triple serial #'s and date codes, anybody else can chime in on this? It seem it's imported direct from Germany.

5. redstar

redstar Live to shoot

Jan 28, 2010
    Carolinas
    Great find. Sig still makes guns with carbon slides, but they are all made in Germany, and you have to import them. A quick way to tell is to look for the pinned breech block. I have 2 recent 228's made in Germany with carbon steel and neither have the "trifecta" serial numbers. I believe this stopped in late 2001. If you have the stamped German proof marks, and the triple serial number I would take a guess that it is a 2001 manufacture date.
    You can still get fully German made 226's with a rail. I know of at least 2 users who purchased them in the last 4 months. I would have to check, but I don't think either came with German proof marks, or trifecta serial numbers.