close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My new two-wheeler!!!!!!! BMW Rockster

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Dec 21, 2004.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    BMW has some killer deals right now for selected models. I had planned on getting a R1150R, but when I saw the Rockster AND more importantly the price ($2000 off MSRP) plus the deal they cut me (BMW Financing at .9% AND the first FIVE payments on BMW) including shipping to Kalifornia and a few other knickknacks :) , well...the rest is history~2 ^5

So, here's what it looks like. I'll take some pics of my own Beemer tomorrow and post them.

[​IMG]

2. TheSniper

TheSniper Projectile Mgr.

Aug 23, 2001
    WheatRidge,Co.US
  3. quinch

quinch Turgid Member Millennium Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Omnipresent
    Sweet!

The dealer here has one in gunmetal gray, and the're making it real hard to say no!

The one they have has a single headlight, it's the only one I've seen like that. Maybe a 2005 thing.

Let us know how it rides!

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    The single headlight model is the R1150R. It has a few horses less, the suspension a bit less tightly sprung. The Rockster has the "cool" (not to me because I'm gonna repaint this sucker) paint job, standard ABS, a few carbon fiber pieces, black heat resistant paint on the engine, etc.

If an individual is qualified, the R1150R also has the .9% BMW financing deal AND the first three months of payment on BMW as well.

5. quinch

Aug 9, 1999
    Omnipresent
    That's what confused me, this bike is painted like a Rockster, has the dark engine, and the BMW tag on it lists it as a Rockster.

Yet it has the R1150R single light. ;5

BMWs website lists the power as the same for both bikes, and the dealer is offering it to me for 8K minus 5 months of payments.

The wife wants to tile the downstairs, but hmmmmmmmmm.........
    I've always liked those boxer engines.

6. BMW builds great bikes. You will love it.
    Its your bike, but if it was me, I would refrain from painting it. Most dealers will tell you repainting the original factory finish will lower the bikes value.
    Enjoy!

7. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

May 11, 2001
    Farmington, MI
    Cool bike! I don't know what it is about the headlight assembly, but it makes me think of Zorak on Space Ghost. ;f

Cheers!
    Glen

8. YOU SUCK! ;z ;a ;z

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Quinch,

I don't know then. All the Rocksters that I've ever seen on the showroom and off the internet have the dual headlight setup. Maybe it's a 2003 model? I didn't think that there's a 2003 Rockster but who knows? For $8000 AND first five payments free? I'd take it.

Norton,

I bought the bike because I wanted to and not for investment purposes. Even if I were to buy a new bike and trade this one in a few years from now, I'd take the loss due to re-painting. I gotta live with this bike for the next several years and I can't see myself riding a bike with a copper color tigerstripe pattern. It's kinda "icky".;f

10. quinch

Aug 9, 1999
    Omnipresent
    Oh, god, I want to take it so bad.
    I just fear the year of cold dinners and lackluster BJs.

It's listed as a 2005, maybe a factory job, sorta like "we have to many of these headlights"?

I've carefully inspected it for damage, and it has 1 mile on the odo.
    I just don't know.

Almost forgot, you take delivery yet?

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Quinch,

I don't think that the 2005 Beemers have hit the showrooms yet and BMW sure as hell isn't going to give you that sort of discount for a 2005 model. I haven't seen the 2005 Rockster model yet, so I don't know either. And yes I "took" delivery of the vehicle already, sort of. It's being shipped to Kalifornia for me, but I've already busted the cherry on that mutha!;f

12. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Jan 25, 2000
    Aridzona
    When do you think you'll be able to keep up with this guy on his 1150GS (Adventure bike)? ;)

The video is a bit large (79 MB) but this guy can ride. The video was made on the Isle of Man and he puts a lot of sportbikes behind him very quickly.

http://tinyurl.com/5t587

13. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Mar 1, 2001
    SC
  14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Thank you for the kind words. I've just completed my MSF Basic Rider Course, and boy, it taught me a few things or two about bike handling. I've been out of the moto scene since 1992 so I was very rusty, but even when I was riding, I didn't know about some of the finer handling techniques for safe street riding.

Already picked up the helmet, riding jacket, and boot. Need to find a pair of riding pants that fit my fat ass though.;g

15. quinch

Aug 9, 1999
    Omnipresent
    Been out of town, so an update:

I went to the bimmer place on 12/24, and they had sold it. Oh well.
    :(

Have fun on yours!

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Oh man, that's a bummer!!! ;1

I'd still like to know what's the deal with the single headlight and how the hell can a Rockster be so cheap.

17. quinch

Aug 9, 1999
    Omnipresent
    Me too, I should have just bought it and put up with the consequences

Fortune favors the bold!