close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my new tactical shotgun

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by eazyrhino, Sep 8, 2010.

1. eazyrhino

eazyrhino
    Expand Collapse

Hello, all! Just wanted to show off my little shotgun project. First of all, I wanted a single shot shotgun & second, I wanted it in .410. Yeah, I know, armchair commandos....I know what Box O' Truth says about the .410, but I know better. This is not a debate among my fellow Glock-o-teers. My wife & I live in a condo and tho I have many other firearms, mainly that stay in my safe, this is one that I can keep by the bedside when we are sleeping at night. I know this gun may seem like overkill for such a small caliber shotty. But H&R's are robust, reliable and cheap. It brings back fond memories of the one I grew up with.
    So, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, forked out a C note for a new Pardner. Brought it home and started building on it the way I wanted it. I hacked off the barrel and took it to Armor Hide Coatings. Devin drilled & tapped the front sight and also the Picatinny rail. He armor coded the barrel only OD green. He recrowned the muzzle. All for around $100. While that was being done, I ordered plastic furniture to replace the existing wood. I also added a trinium mepro front sight bead.
    When I bought my gun I knew in my mind's eye exactly what I wanted the gun to look like. It turned out exactly so. To me, it is the perfect condominium/apartment gun. And with the new Federal premium handgun ammo, this combo can prove to be devastating.
    Hope you enjoy the pics. Don't flame me too hard!

2. Big Time

Big Time
    Expand Collapse
    Senior User

Nice! Looks like it will get the job done for what you need it for.

3. Glockster17

Glockster17
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Always nice when the project comes out how you want it to, without any surprises! --Rob

4. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Pretty cool -- I admire some folks' ability to optimize and maximize their available hardware.

If it works for you, and you feel comfortable and well-schooled in its use, I say great! :cool:

Nice photos also, by the way!