close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My new Magpul front sling mount

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by nipperwolf, Jan 30, 2011.

1. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    I recently upgraded the furniture on my old AR to MOE. The sling I had, didn't work with the new buttstock. I've been doing some searching on slings, but haven't made up my mind, since there are so many to choose from. :supergrin:

Didn't like the idea of my rifle looking naked without a sling, so I picked up this $5 sling to use, until I made a decision. However, it was a little short when attached to the front swivel mount. Then it hit me.....

[​IMG]

Another benefit is that it allowed me to move the AFG farther out, for a better feel. :supergrin:

Gives me some more time to decide on final sling options. ;)

2. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    Good idea........now about that naked muzzle. :dunno:

3. Broncbuster

Broncbuster Dying Breed

Jan 7, 2009
    Georgia USA
    What opitc is that? If it's a 1-4 how do you like it?

4. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    That's next on the list. :supergrin: LGS gave me the name of a machinist/smith that can do it for me. This rifle is a post ban model I bought 15 years ago when I didn't know better. :supergrin:

Yes, it's a PA 1-4. I've only had it out twice at the local indoor range, but I like it so far.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Neat idea,.........that's the first time I've seen that done!

6. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    Neutered no more!!

[​IMG]

Yes, it's just an A2, but it's something. :supergrin: And, I now have the option to change it. ;)

Now that the old one is finished(except for the sling replacement), time to focus on the new one;

[​IMG]

DSA ZM4 lower, RRA single stage parts kit, A2 stock from old rifle. I'm real close to pulling the plug on this BCM midlength upper(with their BCG) for it;

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm

$548 shipped. :supergrin: