close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My new IDPA setup review

Discussion in 'Comp-Tac Victory Gear Company Forum' started by jamesbern, Nov 18, 2011.

1. jamesbern

jamesbern

Jan 11, 2011
    Connecticut
    I needed a belt rig for plates/IDPA and decided to check out Blade-Tec. I haven't used it yet as I just decided to try out IDPA, but I just got the holster and mag pouches in yesterday. The retention is great as is the adjustablity. I decided on red for a bit of flair. Obviously, very quick turn around from when first placing my order.

I plan to pick up another belt holster but for the pistol with light mounted during their black friday sale.

Mounting it all on a 1.5" Wilderness Tactical 3 stitch Easy Fit belt. Can't wait to test it out in Plate shooting as well as IDPA. The little bit I practiced the draw felt good. Always was able to get a good grip on the pistol as i unholstered, and able to swap mags with ease. I have the mag retention set so upside down it takes a few good shakes to get the mag out. That seems to work wonderfully when drawing mags from retention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. Comp-Tac2

Comp-Tac2

Mar 26, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks for sharing, James! Good luck with your ventures into IDPA; it's lots of fun and the people are amazing. Let us know how the gear works out for you and if you have any questions. Great photos, by the way!