Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

My new IDPA setup review

Discussion in 'Comp-Tac Victory Gear Company Forum' started by jamesbern, Nov 18, 2011.

1. jamesbern

Jan 11, 2011
    I needed a belt rig for plates/IDPA and decided to check out Blade-Tec. I haven't used it yet as I just decided to try out IDPA, but I just got the holster and mag pouches in yesterday. The retention is great as is the adjustablity. I decided on red for a bit of flair. Obviously, very quick turn around from when first placing my order.

I plan to pick up another belt holster but for the pistol with light mounted during their black friday sale.

Mounting it all on a 1.5" Wilderness Tactical 3 stitch Easy Fit belt. Can't wait to test it out in Plate shooting as well as IDPA. The little bit I practiced the draw felt good. Always was able to get a good grip on the pistol as i unholstered, and able to swap mags with ease. I have the mag retention set so upside down it takes a few good shakes to get the mag out. That seems to work wonderfully when drawing mags from retention.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. Comp-Tac2

Mar 26, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks for sharing, James! Good luck with your ventures into IDPA; it's lots of fun and the people are amazing. Let us know how the gear works out for you and if you have any questions. Great photos, by the way!