My New GSG Kalashnikov .22LR!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Jun 15, 2012.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

I'm picking up AK #10 today after lunch:banana:

It has the wood furniture and comes with one 24-round magazine. I bought two more mags from Bud's...actually, their last two mags, and they will be here on Monday.

I got it from CDNN for $279.99 +shipping for a total of $302.97!!!:wow: How could I pass that up?

Lowest price on GB I found was $319 + shipping.

I will post pics later on today. If anyone has one and would like to give me their impression of this gun I would be all ears. I did read that they prefer HIGH VELOCITY ammo......true?

Thanks all:wavey:

TGG

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Don't have one but still want to see the pics!! Congratz on you new buy! :thumbsup:

3. The_Gun_Guru

I have to say that I am very impressed with this gun! It has some weight to it and overall seems very well-built. The only thing that I don't like is the trigger. It feels gritty but hopefully it will smooth out over time. I hope to get it to the range this Sunday.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dang, that looks very well built!

5. The ones we have had in the shop were very well built. They use a lot of plastic and alloy, but it's only a 22lr, so no foul in my book. It's leap and bounds better than the Armscorp 22 AK. Good looking rifle.

Can't wait to get some of the German made StG44 22LR rifles from ATI. All metal & wood and weigh in at 11 pounds! Come in a wood transit case too.

6. That thing looks absolutely awesome.

7. Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

8. i've been eyeballing these, looks sweet. here tehy are running 349.99 + tax :( maybe i'll do my first online gun purchase... this is also my first post here at glock talk!!!

9. The_Gun_Guru

WELCOME!!!!:wavey:

Yes, I highly reccomend you order from CDNN and ask for Cody. Nicest people you will ever deal with!!!!

They still have them for $279.99!!!:wow: I paid a TOTAL of $332.97 and that INCLUDES shipping and dealer transfer!!!!!!

TGG

#9 The_Gun_Guru, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  10. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

I've checked those out at my LGS, not ready to buy one yet. I did grab the GSG-5 back a couple of years ago, which is a fun plinker. Now all you need are a few spare mags.

11. Now that is a great price for a .22 rifle. My Sig522 cost $500

12. The_Gun_Guru

Two will be here on Monday.....they were the last two that Bud's had, so I grabbed them:cool: I will keep getting a couple at a time till I have enough....:supergrin:

Wow, $500? To me, that's a lot to spend on a .22, I probably would have bought a Draco pistol for that price:whistling: Sigs are nice guns though.

Thanks all:thumbsup:

TGG

13. If I lived in a SBR state I would have

14. I have one and have shot about 500 rounds (without cleaning) of Remington bulk ammo from the 525 round green and yellow box, with maybe one or two jams. I believe those were ammo related.

Very nice well built gun imho.

I paid $299.00 at Dunham's sports. Could have waited for a sale at $279.00, but I didn't want to wait.

#14 Agonizer, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  15. The SIG 522 is built to an entirely different standard that the GSG arms. It uses an all-aluminum receiver, full steel barrel, and full steel bolt/buffer system.

#15 AZ Jeff, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  16. The_Gun_Guru

I just bought a box of that exact ammo yesterday at Dick's.

I hope to try it out tomorrow or next Sunday:wavey:

That's why I said they are nice guns.:wavey:

I would rather have a S&W M&P-22 though.

TGG