close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My new Colt Series 70

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by KinderGlocken, Jan 31, 2010.

1. myanof

myanof

Dec 2, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Sweet gun. I have really enjoyed mine. These pictures don't do justice to the beautiful blue finish Colt is putting on these guns.

2. davis513

davis513

May 16, 2006
    NC
    That's one beautiful pistol. One like it is on my wish list. Someday....

Thanks for sharing the photos.

3. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    If you ever want to sell it, let me know.
    ;)

4. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I have a Series 70 (1980) of my own.

[​IMG]

It is one of my safe queens. It is in pristine condition. It looks like it has never been shot. The only reason I do not buy a new one is because I have this one. The new ones are really beautiful pieces.

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Millennium Member

Oct 6, 1999
    Virginia
    Very nice! Congrats.

My stainless likes to scratch easily. Blue stays in the safe except for time to fondle:cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  6. No safe queens here. All my firearms are for shoot'n!
    Here's more of my M1 that a friend said I shood keep in the safe and I just laughed at him! Keep it in the safe why would I do that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  7. G36_Me

G36_Me

Aug 4, 2009
    I have a 1911 WWI Replica (O1911). It is beautiful and NOT a safe queen. I bought it to shoot it and it is beyond awesome. It was in the serial number group that had to be sent back to Colt for their recall. I did that. While it was at the factory, I had them send it to the custom shop and work on the trigger (even tho it was already really good). Now the trigger is great.

I'm a huge supporter of collectors, but I bought mine to shoot and it shoots like a dream.

(now if I could just see the sights, but I think those days are over.) :cool:

edit:
    It's also a great carry gun. Don't need to see the sights for self defense purposes. It knows where to point on its own.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Millennium Member

Oct 6, 1999
    Virginia
    Nice!!! and looks good and well cared for even if it is a shooter.

9. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

Jan 24, 2009
    Got a S70 repro in the summer last year. More than pleased with it. Initially it was going to just be a safe queen, but I like it so much I'm going to do some very subtle tweaks to it and add it to the rotation of my carry guns.

10. This thing is so accurate that I’m thinking of sending it back to Colt Custom to get some upgrades to make it hardball bullseye shooter. Adjustable sights trigger job and possibly lower ejection port. This is a range gun for me so definitely Adj sights so I can shoot 25 and 50 yards.

11. billwade

billwade

Nov 28, 2004
    PA
    yeah they are nice guns. I have a s70 combat commander that was my uncles when was alive. Shoots good and has sentimental value.