close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My new Beretta PX4 Storm Inox

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PlayboyPenguin, Feb 22, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    I am not a fan of polymer guns but I picked my new Beretta PX4 Storm Inox today. It is a really sweet gun. I didn't even know they made these until last week. I can't wait to get it to the range this week. If it shoots as nice as my friend's I am sure it will be my favorite polymer gun.

If you want to see it a little closer click the link below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSAamXbCfA8]My New Ugly Polymer Gun - YouTube[/ame]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    The satin stainless finish looks really nice. Much more elegant than the HK USP stainless models.

3. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    Congrats. I just picked up a PX4 a little while back. They're a damn fine looking pistol for a polymer.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats! :cool:

The PX4 is an outstanding pistol.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Sharp.

The Storms are under appreciated. I've always like Beretta's. How could you not like a 500 year old gun maker?

6. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    Nice Beretta! I like the look of the PX4, I would like to shoot one one of these days.

7. Nice looking gun. Should be fun to own and a dream to shoot at the range.

I looked at one but that safety seems even harder to reach and flip off than the 92. Do they make a decock only version?

8. I have always found that with the hammer down, round in chamber on a double/single action auto, to be very safe in double action (hammer down) safety off. I carried both my Beretta 92 and 4506 like this for years and is the method taught to LAPD and LASD. Maybe I misunderstood you. :supergrin:

Nice looking Beretta, I tend to prefer all Inox or all blue however.

9. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    They do make a decocker only version without the safety feature. If I carried this gun the safety would always be off. It would be used only as a decocker.

10. donovan655

donovan655

Aug 15, 2009
  11. I think you understand me perfectly.

The 92 has a decock only version for just such carry as you describe. The benefit is the safety can never accidentally be swiped on. So I was wondering if the PX4 has that option :)

12. Thanks. When my wife reads this she will probably kick herself, because in her recent shopping the PX4 was one of her finalists, but she didn't want the safety. Hmm, I'll have to take a closer look at these :)

13. Oh, are you going to post a shooting video of it? Be a great opportunity for you to figure a way to show on film the reduced recoil (rotary) compared to other similar sized guns.

:)

14. Love my PX4 compact. The PX4 line are great shooting pistols.

The decock/saftey "F" version can be converted to the "G" decock only with little trouble.

15. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    If you're not a fan of plastic, the Stoeger Cougars are almost the same. Got mine (.40) new with four mags for $400. Saw new 9mm's with two mags for $350, that's everyday price at that shop.

16. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Px4 is the only polymer handgun I'm even remotely interested in. I'd get all black though.

17. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    X2, Can't agree more!