close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My new AR

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Polak, Jan 30, 2013.

1. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

Apr 24, 2004
    Kettering, OH
    $6900.00 each. Guy was real nice too, said they don't make them any more, and he was really loosing money on this sale. Did I do ok?

2. NEW2GLO

NEW2GLO

Jan 21, 2013
    NJ
    Did Ramsey have any Gen4 25rd. mags left?

3. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    Hope you are just kidding...

DH

4. NEW2GLO

NEW2GLO

Jan 21, 2013
    NJ

LOL:rofl: I meant to put 15.. I didn't even relies that till you replied..

5. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    LOL, I was gonna say!!

They get a few Glock mags in from time to time, and they usually sell out the same day. I often stop by around 9am to pick up anything I may need. Right now, all I saw was a G26 mag...nothing else aside from some 1911 Kimber mags, some HK mags, and a few SIG mags (and the 92FS mags I mentioned earlier).

Best thing to try and do is get friendly with the guys there, ask if you can leave your number to get a call when new stock comes in. Maybe they can put what you want aside for a day or so. That...or swing by every day to see what they have.

DH

6. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    Made it on over there today and asked about the 15rd. AR-15 .223 mags. Ron (my guy) told me they might be getting one more shipment in (80 pieces). He also told me that the company making these 15rd. mags is going to stop producing them and is going to make standard capacity GI mags only. Either way, he's going to call me if any come in. I'll PM you if I get a phone call.

DH

7. NEW2GLO

NEW2GLO

Jan 21, 2013
    NJ
    Hey Gents,

I'm looking to get ammo in bulk 9mm and .40 but every store in NJ is pretty much out of stock of all ammo. Where are you Jersey guys buying from? Anyone here make there own? The range has ammo but the prices are just crazy 26 to 30 a box.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  8. CarterB

CarterB

Apr 1, 2013
    What I do know is it's a pre ban colt AR 15 A2 sporter2 the lower has 223 on it the clip has 5.56 but the barrel has nothing other than a letter M and number 12 ?? Does anyone know anything about this gun ?? I am wanting to know how to tell if it's safe to shoot 5.56 threw it

9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    Colt's can safely fire 5.56.

:cool:

10. CarterB

CarterB

Apr 1, 2013
    So even tho the barrel is not stamped NATO 5.56 it's ok to shoot 5.56 ... The resin I ask is cause everyone I have asked has said that it will hurt the barrel maybe blow up in my face ...

11. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I think some older Colts did come with true .223 chambers.

If that is the case, 5.56 isn't likely to destroy the gun, but it can lead to accelerated wear, popped primers, and stuck cases. If there's a part on the verge of failure, however, it can cause serious damage to the rifle.

Double check the markings on the barrel, including under the handguards. If you still can't find a caliber marking, try contacting Colt with the model and serial number, they may be able to help.

That said, if the barrel only has "M" and "12" (Are you sure that M isn't MP or MPI?), you may be looking at a Colt lower with a different upper.

12. CarterB

CarterB

Apr 1, 2013
    I have looked under the hand guard still no marks .. The mark that I did see is on the barrel bettwen the two gaps of the site the letter M and what looks like a up side down tri angle with the letters vp but togather ?? And pretty sure the upper is stalk as well

13. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    That's not where Colt typically marks their barrels. Any chance you can get a clear photo of it and post it here?

I get the feeling you either have a Colt where the barrel was replaced, or the entire upper isn't Colt at all.

14. CarterB

CarterB

Apr 1, 2013
    How do I upload a photo to the site ???

15. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Upload it to a website like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, etc. and then post it here.

For example...

[​IMG]

If you click "Quote" under this post, you can then see how I posted the image. Simply use image tags ( [​IMG] ) around the URL of the photo.

16. CarterB

CarterB

Apr 1, 2013
    For some reason it is not letting me upload it ...

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Where are you trying to upload the photo?

18. CarterB

CarterB

Apr 1, 2013
    Imageshack