close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My new 870 Express

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by sgt-spam, Jan 12, 2011.

1. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

Jan 24, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I recently bought an 870 Express Combo, with the intent of doing a little hunting with my dad, based on the reputation of his Wingmaster. The guns are different, but that's not what we're here to discuss.

I quickly found a world of accessories and started ordering. aippi here on Glock Talk was a big help and I ordered a box full of stuff from him. Used the pictured swage to flatten the dimples instead of drilling / grinding.

The final product is my HD / range gun, with the barrels you see in the background for use in the field... Can't wait to get it out to the range and put a few more rounds through it!

All Remington parts:
    18.5" cylinder bore barrel
    Synthetic stock and LE forend
    +2 extension (haven't put the clamp on, not sure I will)
    Heavy / police sear
    Heavy carrier dog spring
    Milled extractor

Photo Album Link

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    Congrats! And JD will do you up right!!!

870 Express - All the 870 anyone would ever really need...

3. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

Jan 24, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Thanks, and yes - JD took great care of me. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from him in the future!

4. Cool Impala Glocker

Cool Impala Glocker NRA Member

Feb 7, 2010
    KC Missouri area
    How did he take care of you? I just bought a used combo as well with a Parkerized 18 bbl with a 26 regular bbl. It's basically stock and I wanna upgrade tactical as well. Pm me if you want or post here. Cheers

5. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

Jan 24, 2008
    NE Ohio
    He was quick to respond to my emails, helpful in explaining some differences between parts, and reasonable with pricing & shipping. He let me know when the MO I sent arrived and shipped the next day. Everything arrived in a timely fashion and was very well packed. You can't ask for more than that!

6. Cool Impala Glocker

Cool Impala Glocker NRA Member

Feb 7, 2010
    KC Missouri area
    sending you a pm

7. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    I had an 870 with the 18.5" barrel - bought a used 30" barrel off gun broker -

I have - as a result of using the gun with the 30" barrel to shoot clays - put hundreds of extra rounds through it.

The side benefit of this extra use is a much smoother action.

No way I would have ever gone out and put 200 rounds (in a single day) through the gun if all I had was the 18.5 " barrel.

IMHO - having a second barrel is a great investment.