close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My New 3rd Variation Colt Detective Special

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by ghostman1960, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ghostman1960

ghostman1960 Static Nomad

Mar 3, 2008
    Florida Dammit
    I just picked this up today on a local deal. The picture does not do this pistol justice. It is perfect in every way. It does not look like it was fired since it left the factory. The serial number puts its birth date in 1976. I paid $500.00 for it which I think is a fair price.

[​IMG]

2. AA#5

AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    Nice. That was my first gun. When I bought it new in 1973, it was $119.95.

3. JK-linux

JK-linux

Mar 5, 2009
    Nice Roscoe! I have a 1976 Colt Cobra myself that I carry about 90% of the time.

4. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    Nice. Here's my two...

[​IMG]

I carry the bottom one.

5. ghostman1960

ghostman1960 Static Nomad

Mar 3, 2008
    Florida Dammit
    Beautiful

6. Like fine jewelry. I have one just like that but with rubber grips and a 3rd issue Agent that's packerized with skinny wood grips. Excellence guns from the days when quality counted 1st

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. fran m

fran m

Mar 7, 2005
    drexel hill pa
    I got one on Saturday. I believe that it's the last Generation before they stopped making them in 95 or so.

The condition is like the original posters. Not a mark or scratch on it. The single action is nice. The double action is pretty heavy.

I got it for $420 out the door at the Oak's Gun Show outside Phila PA. Pondered the purchase for about an hour and finally went for it. I was thinking that i'll never find another this nice at a decent price again.

I did not have the good fortune that you did in getting one with the wood stocks. Good luck with it.

I want a 4 inch Stainless Python now.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  8. DFin

DFin

Mar 22, 2008