My New 10mm Load Development Tools

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by whenmonkeysfly, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hey 10 Ring!

I got the pair of these a couple of weeks ago and just had to share a picture on Glock Talk 10 Ring, because I know how we all love the 10mm! These are Smith & Wesson 610's (6 1/2" Barrel N Frame Revolvers). I added the Silverblack Wood S&W Grips:

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to doing some 10mm load development and hunting with these boys!

Now I need holsters. Any ideas? Maybe a dual chest rig? :wow:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Looking for an EDC in Alaska 10mm load.... Federal 180gr Trophy Bonded JSP? The 10 Ring Jun 26, 2015
    Need load data for 155 xtp 10mm Reloading May 21, 2015
    Lnib Glock 29 gen 4 10mm (loaded ready to shoot/carry) Firearms Listings May 3, 2015
    10mm load The 10 Ring Apr 11, 2015
    Glock Spring Loaded Bearing 45/10MM without Loaded Chamber Indicator Olive Sponsor Showcase Mar 2, 2015

3. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Awesome. The grips are a very nice touch. Gotta get me one (or two apparently) some day.

Have fun. Look forward to range reports.

4. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Congrats ... :perfect10:

... But just remember, these 10mm wheelies love the "heavy & fast" loads ... :cool:

[​IMG]

Enjoy ... :cool:

5. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Very nice pair! No damn Locks!

6. I plan on feeding them a steady diet of Montana Gold 180 Grain JHP's for target and Hornady 180 Grain XTP's for critters and deer. Hoping to drive them @ = or > 1400fps.

I'm assuming the 610 will handle stout loads easily. Does anyone here have any load data using a 610?

7. Nice Agtman! I love the wood grips! One of my 610's came with Hogue Grips and one with the nice SW rosewood grips (?) like yours. I bought the matching Silverblack wood grips thinking they would be a nice touch to the stainless finish.

8. Golly, two big revolvers.
    Now, who does that remind me of?
    Seriously, awesome find. Congratulations.
    [​IMG]

9. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Thanks. Yep, love those grips on your pair of 610s.

Mine's a 1st Gen 6.5" 610 (no dash) and by the serial # it was made early in the first production run, according to S&W's records.

Grips are the originals, RB-style, though it's a N-frame. Not sure on the exact name of the color,though. It also has the fluted cylinder of the 1st Gen 610s. Shoots much better than I do.

[​IMG]

:cool:

10. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

NICE!! Sweet snag, buddy!!

11. Mwinter

Mwinter I'm MilkMan Dan

If memory serves, Hornady loaded some of their 200gr XTP with the 610 in mind. The stuff I bought back in the mid/late 90s clocked at least 150fps faster than the stuff I bought 'round 2005.

My 610 (4") absolutely loved the 200gr Black Talon/SXT...that was the most accurate load I ever tried in it. She's in 10mm heaven now though, along with all my Deltas...sniff sniff.

Great looking blasters. If you get a chance, try the SW Miculek grips on one of 'em.

12. Both of mine are "no dash" 610's. One is supposedly a first generation (according to seller) and I'm not sure about the other one. Neither have the stupid locks (YES!). I'll have to look-up serial #'s to see when they were made.

13. CONGRADULATIONS VERY SWEET. Looks like a lot of fun.

14. Serial #'s on my 610's are: BFA 574* and BFA 767*. Is there a website I can go to in order to find out when they were made or should I call Smith and Wesson?

15. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

To get the exact date, it's best to call S&W. I've done that with all my Smith 10mms.

In the case of my 1076 I also requested an official letter from S&W's Historian, Roy Jenks, certifying it DOB and where it was shipped after production, since it had a pre-fix that was allegedly "within" the serial # range of FBI 1076s.

16. Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

17. Got an email today from Smith & Wesson stating they were both made in 1990. :cool: So it sounds like they fall in the first run batch of 4,560 made between 1989-1992.

#17 whenmonkeysfly, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  18. mudrush

mudrush Deceased

Those are sweet!!!!

19. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Any of you 610 owners have your revolvers converted to 10mm Magnum? I just read a few old posts from some guys that had done it. I know it seems like a .41 Magnum, but you can also shoot the 10mm and .40S&W out of the same gun. That would be cool as hell. From what I read, in a 610 reamed to accept 10mm Magnum, accuracy is great with both of the 10mms, and decent with the .40S&W (he said 8" low at 50yds, with 4" groupings).

20. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

I think I read about the same guy, but it was over on 10mmTalk.

This was back when I was researching info on 610-conversions to 10mm Magnum and trying to decide whether I wanted Hamilton Bowen to ream out the cylinders on mine.

Decided against it, though.