My New 10mm Load Development Tools

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by whenmonkeysfly, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hey 10 Ring!

I got the pair of these a couple of weeks ago and just had to share a picture on Glock Talk 10 Ring, because I know how we all love the 10mm! These are Smith & Wesson 610's (6 1/2" Barrel N Frame Revolvers). I added the Silverblack Wood S&W Grips:

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to doing some 10mm load development and hunting with these boys!

Now I need holsters. Any ideas? Maybe a dual chest rig? :wow:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Awesome. The grips are a very nice touch. Gotta get me one (or two apparently) some day.

Have fun. Look forward to range reports.

3. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Congrats ... :perfect10:

... But just remember, these 10mm wheelies love the "heavy & fast" loads ... :cool:

[​IMG]

Enjoy ... :cool:

4. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Very nice pair! No damn Locks!

5. I plan on feeding them a steady diet of Montana Gold 180 Grain JHP's for target and Hornady 180 Grain XTP's for critters and deer. Hoping to drive them @ = or > 1400fps.

I'm assuming the 610 will handle stout loads easily. Does anyone here have any load data using a 610?

6. Nice Agtman! I love the wood grips! One of my 610's came with Hogue Grips and one with the nice SW rosewood grips (?) like yours. I bought the matching Silverblack wood grips thinking they would be a nice touch to the stainless finish.

7. Golly, two big revolvers.
    Now, who does that remind me of?
    Seriously, awesome find. Congratulations.
    [​IMG]

8. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Thanks. Yep, love those grips on your pair of 610s.

Mine's a 1st Gen 6.5" 610 (no dash) and by the serial # it was made early in the first production run, according to S&W's records.

Grips are the originals, RB-style, though it's a N-frame. Not sure on the exact name of the color,though. It also has the fluted cylinder of the 1st Gen 610s. Shoots much better than I do.

[​IMG]

:cool:

9. NICE!! Sweet snag, buddy!!

10. Mwinter

Mwinter I'm MilkMan Dan

If memory serves, Hornady loaded some of their 200gr XTP with the 610 in mind. The stuff I bought back in the mid/late 90s clocked at least 150fps faster than the stuff I bought 'round 2005.

My 610 (4") absolutely loved the 200gr Black Talon/SXT...that was the most accurate load I ever tried in it. She's in 10mm heaven now though, along with all my Deltas...sniff sniff.

Great looking blasters. If you get a chance, try the SW Miculek grips on one of 'em.

11. Both of mine are "no dash" 610's. One is supposedly a first generation (according to seller) and I'm not sure about the other one. Neither have the stupid locks (YES!). I'll have to look-up serial #'s to see when they were made.

12. CONGRADULATIONS VERY SWEET. Looks like a lot of fun.

13. Serial #'s on my 610's are: BFA 574* and BFA 767*. Is there a website I can go to in order to find out when they were made or should I call Smith and Wesson?

14. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

To get the exact date, it's best to call S&W. I've done that with all my Smith 10mms.

In the case of my 1076 I also requested an official letter from S&W's Historian, Roy Jenks, certifying it DOB and where it was shipped after production, since it had a pre-fix that was allegedly "within" the serial # range of FBI 1076s.

15. Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

16. Got an email today from Smith & Wesson stating they were both made in 1990. :cool: So it sounds like they fall in the first run batch of 4,560 made between 1989-1992.

#17 whenmonkeysfly, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  17. mudrush

mudrush Deceased

Those are sweet!!!!

18. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Any of you 610 owners have your revolvers converted to 10mm Magnum? I just read a few old posts from some guys that had done it. I know it seems like a .41 Magnum, but you can also shoot the 10mm and .40S&W out of the same gun. That would be cool as hell. From what I read, in a 610 reamed to accept 10mm Magnum, accuracy is great with both of the 10mms, and decent with the .40S&W (he said 8" low at 50yds, with 4" groupings).

19. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

I think I read about the same guy, but it was over on 10mmTalk.

This was back when I was researching info on 610-conversions to 10mm Magnum and trying to decide whether I wanted Hamilton Bowen to ream out the cylinders on mine.

Decided against it, though.