close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My local Wally World is carrying Blackhawk parts

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by w30olds, Sep 26, 2012.

1. w30olds

w30olds
    Expand Collapse

Was at Wally World a little while ago and noticed they are carrying Blackhawk supplies. Had some AR-15 stuff, slings, holsters and stock sets for the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870's. Just wanted to pass that along.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0
    Expand Collapse
    RTF2 Addict

Yep I have noticed this at the Walmart on Wilmington Pike in Centerville, Ohio.

I sort of wonder if this is just geared up for hunting season, as I noticed their supply of softball/baseball stuff has nearly diminished one aisle over.

3. smokin762

smokin762
    Expand Collapse

Yep, mine is too.

I just put a Blackhawk stock on my Mossberg 500. I like it.

[​IMG]

4. w30olds

w30olds
    Expand Collapse

Looking good! How do you like the AR-15 style collapsible stock? How does it shoot and feel? I've got a Remmy 870 and would like to upgrade to the pistol grip style stock, but not really sure about the collapsible style myself. I was thinking in terms of slings I might go the single point design. Seems like the easiest style to use on a pump.

#4 w30olds, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  5. smokin762

smokin762
    Expand Collapse

I haven't shot it yet. I just put it on last week. I do love the feel of the pistol grip though. It just feels right.

This saturday I'm heading to the range. I'll try it then. I want to try some 00 Buck and slugs through it. I think I'll like it.

I want to put a different set of sights on it next. I see Williams is coming out with a rail and rear sight all in one for it. That interests me. :supergrin:

I like the stock. The instructions says to keep your cheek on the stock, not on the tube. That part might be a little difficult though. I'll see. If I don't like it, I'll try something else.

#5 smokin762, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  6. w30olds

w30olds
    Expand Collapse

I've been doing some reading on these stocks. Many people say the stock hits you in the cheek when shooting it, so just a heads up. Hope yours does not do that. That was with the recoil reducing style stock from what I've been reading.....

7. smokin762

smokin762
    Expand Collapse

I read the same thing. I didn’t get the recoil reducing stock. I bought the basic model. The instruction sheet still recommends keeping your cheek on the stock. I think it might be the same sheet in all packages. If it sucks, then I’ll replace it with the original stock until I get something else.

I was at Midway earlier and I saw an adaptor that I wish I would have bought instead. It uses an AR buffer tube, buffer and spring. You can put any AR collapsible stock on it and use an AR pistol grip. But it is way more money for all that. :crying:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/26...k-adapter-mossberg-500-590-835-aluminum-matte

8. w30olds

w30olds
    Expand Collapse

I really like the Mesa Urbino stocks. Just wish they didn't cost so damn much. I think I'll save up a few bucks and go with one of those. Everything I've read people love their Mesa stocks.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine