close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My kids went on a little photo safari in my yard this afternoon - dialup warning

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by Bitmap, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Bitmap

Bitmap Millennium Member

Mar 15, 1999
    My two oldest, 5 and 7, took a few pics this afternoon.

We started with this little friend.
    [​IMG]

Then we saw this one nearby.
    [​IMG]

Then one of them saw this little guy.
    [​IMG]

Next, this menace caught our attention. It is posthumously famous.
    [​IMG]

Then we tried to get a pic of some baby birds. My 5 year old was running the camera on this one. You can see the baby bird with it's mouth open a little above center in the pic. There is a leaf in front of his face.
    [​IMG]

Then we got a pic of the babies of one of our two resident pairs of barn swallows. This nest is new this year. When we got to the other next we found that the second brood of babies had already flown. It's been a good year.
    [​IMG]

Finally, we got a pic of one of the local noisemakers. That's a cicada in case you didn't know.
    [​IMG]

All in all a fun afternoon.

2. mcmoyer

mcmoyer Got Wood?? CLM

Feb 8, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Very nice! Looks like fun was had by all (well, maybe not the grasshopper).

:banana:

3. GlockTrog

GlockTrog The D-BRO

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas
    If you are in the San Antonio area and want to see some wildlife, go to Government Canyon State Natural Area. I'm one of the rangers there. They have some great hiking and biking trails. To get info on it, go to the Texas Parks & Wildlife webpage at www.tpwd.state.tx.us

Anyway thats my plug for the state parks. You got some great pictures there.

4. Bitmap

Bitmap Millennium Member

Mar 15, 1999
    I'm not in the SA area. I'm in NE of DFW. The next time we get down to SA I'll check it out and give you a shout while we're there.