close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My Kahr goes bang everytime thread...

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by monkeyevil, Sep 10, 2008.

1. monkeyevil

monkeyevil
    Expand Collapse

Thought maybe those of us with no issues could chime in.

I love my CW9, and it fires every time I pull the trigger (~1,000 rounds), and doesn't when I don't :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. fastforty

fastforty
    Expand Collapse

I've had my PM9 for over 3-1/2 years (looking at a dated target hanging on the wall above the computer for reference) & it's been totally reliable through at least 500-600 rounds. The locking surfaces on the barrel are still as crisp as they were when it was new. It smoothed up a lot after the first 200 rounds & shoots to point of aim :)

3. user

user
    Expand Collapse
    VaLegalDefense

I've run maybe 800 through the PM9 and 500 through the K9, and I've yet to discover any problem at all. I did have to remove a slight burr on the bottom of the slide, specifically the little square protrusion on the bottom of the striker, so I could get the thing apart without wrestling with it for an hour. Other than that, they've both been perfect. I don't shoot 'em all the time, mainly did the break-in and reliability assurance thing, but I carry one of them most all the time.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel
    Expand Collapse
    Pulpa est valeo

I bought my K40 Covert used from a friend. I guess total it has around 1000 rounds down the pipe now.

I replaced the recoil spring, mag follower and spring, and replaced the guide rod with a solid stainless one.

100% reliable since it was re-sprung.

I carry it......no higher praise.

5. greenjeans

greenjeans
    Expand Collapse

CW9 and CW45 here. The CW9 was purchased new and has not had a failure of any kind, even during the break-in period. The CW45 was purchased used with unknown rounds through it and it has also been flawless. I carry one of them every day.

6. Shooterer

Shooterer
    Expand Collapse

MK9 ~ over 1000
    PM45 ~ 475
    No jamb or light strikes. Just the occasional empty shell between the eyes.

7. Rick Poage

Rick Poage
    Expand Collapse

User, and anyone else thats interested. The reason that the slide is hard to remove on these guns is the cocking cam strikes the slide end plate. Here is how i do it. Pull the slide back far enough to start the slide stop out, but dont remove it all the way. Let the slide go forward and pull the trigger and hold the trigger to the rear and finish removing the slide stop. Keep in mind that the slide will go forward and off the gun, so have it against a padded surface when you pull the stop out. Works every time. regards rick

8. PortlandZinMan

PortlandZinMan
    Expand Collapse
    Always Learning

Over 2000 rounds through my PM9 - my primary carry and it's been 100% - replaced the recoil spring "just because" and all is well.

9. Rosco1080

Rosco1080
    Expand Collapse

A little over 1,000 through my P9. I did get a new slide/barrel from Kahr around 600 rounds for peening. The new slide/barrel has done the same, but it still runs very well. A very rare fail to feed.

10. Nuclear

Nuclear
    Expand Collapse

I shoot my P9 about once a month, never had a gun related problem, and I've had the gun about 4 years.

11. NewsShooter

NewsShooter
    Expand Collapse

I had an E9 made in 97, BANG every time. Now I have a K9 03 Elite made in 06. It too goes BANG every time.

12. alnitak

alnitak
    Expand Collapse

Had my PM9 since January ... maybe 500-600 rounds down the pipe. No problems of any kind. Feeds everything and extremely accurate. Love this little gun!

13. dr.henryjonesjr

dr.henryjonesjr
    Expand Collapse

MK9 from Nov. 01 -Thousands of rounds.
    100%
    No jams...Always has fired.
    Shell cases like to make a high arc ocassionally and bonk you on top the head seemingly long after you stopped firing.
    Always makes me laugh when this happens, but better then "Shooterer's" right between the eyes. :faint:

14. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77
    Expand Collapse
    Thread Killer

Only had ONE click when there should've been a bang from my CW-40.

had a round of Remington UMC 180gr FMJ with a hard primer. Re-chambered it and it went bang on the second stroke.

Now, ask if I've had other troubles...

-J-

15. hackbart

hackbart
    Expand Collapse
    minimalist

I bought my PM9 almost a year ago. I've fired 1020 rounds through it. I had a couple failures in the first 200 rounds. Been reliable ever since.

I trust it. I carry it when I need something small.

16. BackDraft

BackDraft
    Expand Collapse
    Kahr Club 69

Well I guess since I'm the old Kahr fart in here I better chime in. My E-9 born in 97 has over 30,000 rounds fired and only malfuntions are shooter induced. The K-40 I have has about 8,000 thru it now with no problems. I don't carry the K 40 or use it much unless I am training some who use the S&W 40. The MK40 I had no problems with it just too small for me to shoot well with. Now my soon to be new everyday carry peice PM45 has only 200 rounds thru it and as soon as I get my ammo order in it will do the 1,000 round course and once it does that with no problems it will be on me and my E-9 will be sent in to be refinished and a few custom mods.
    Most of the problems that I have seen in training others is limp wristing and crappy ammo. and lack of lube. Kahr like being wet. Hope that helps some out there.

17. BillHickock

BillHickock
    Expand Collapse
    Sig Club #40

K9 Elite, bought used and beautifull. Had one light primer strike out of 300 rounds. Replaced striker spring just in case. No problems, shoots everything in 9mm.

18. jggonzalez

jggonzalez
    Expand Collapse

Kahr MK9. No round count, but gun was purchased about six years ago. Had slide replaced due to cosmetic issue, but never had any functionality problems with it. Gun will be shipped back soon for XS sights. This is one of the best guns I've ever owned.

19. greenjeans

greenjeans
    Expand Collapse

Put another 100 rounds or so through each of my CW9 and CW45 today with zero problems of any kind. Shot Blazer Brass through the .45 and WWB through the 9mm. Never a malfunction with either.

20. denfoote

denfoote
    Expand Collapse
    MENACE

Mk9 Elite 98 works quite well!!!

[​IMG]

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: