close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My hunting season so far..

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by chevy01234, Dec 27, 2008.

1. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    My boy Buck with ducks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here were a few mallard and gadwall with Buck

[​IMG]

Me with a few more mallards
    [​IMG]

2. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    Might as well put the deer too!

This is a buddy of mine's deer he killed at my farm. Taxidermist gross scored him at 174. It couldnt have walked out in front of a better guy! I've been hunting with this guy since I was 8 and he was 6! More like a brother than a friend! Man I was pumped when he called me so I went and got a case of beer and rode around with him while he took it to show it off! I am not much of a deer hunter so I was nothing but happy for him. Good management practices has produced the following deer off my property in the past FIVE years.

3 bucks over 160"
    2 bucks 150-159
    5-6 bucks 140-149

We have been shooting only deer that are 16" or better inside spread unless it is a kids deer. Most of the kids are old enough now they don't shoot little deer out there and all the adults have wall fulls of big deer! We are in agreement with 2 other land owners who with my grandpa own a 15,000 acre or so block. We all want bigger/better deer so there is no dog hunting, shooting everything that walks etc.
    Sorry for poor pics, i'll try to post better ones when I get them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    Here is the most important deer to me this year BY FAR! This is my little brother Josh's first deer he killed with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    Jake and Buck
    [​IMG]

Buck's two Christmas afternoon ducks!
    [​IMG]

5. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    I enjoy seeing people's pictures and sharing mine so I appologize if I seem to post so many!

6. Buy Jake some beer. That one photo of a hunter ( josh) with red on his face, what is that ?

7. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    Buck is my dog, haha he's the one that gets beer! He hunts every day I hunt. Jake is my buddies dog, heck of a retriever so i'll get him one too!

The red on my little brothers face is blood. It is a tradition down here as a sort of initiation. I have pictures of me when I was all bloodied up! Some people think it's gross but the smiles in those pictures are priceless.

8. So what's the tradition?

i've done the cup of deer blood with my 1st deer and again with my 1st buck and both times was yuck ;)

9. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    The initiation is simply the smearing of blood on the face of the hunter. It has been done for as long as I remember.

I'm sorry but I don't think i'd be drinkin blood from a deer. Different area different initiations I reckon.

10. glock20c10mm

glock20c10mm

Dec 4, 2004
    Out West
    Sorry, meant to start a thread, and somehow ended up in a thread. My bad.

11. Marshall Dillon

Marshall Dillon Make mine a 9mm

Jan 5, 2005
    Great pictures, my friend. Enjoyed 'em a bunch.

Happy New Year.

12. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    Thanks for the kind words! Here are a few more.

Dan and myself
    [​IMG]

Buck and Bandit
    [​IMG]

13. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    Here are a few pictures Dan took the other morning for me of Buck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Hopefully I'll have some pics of ducks after Friday.

I haven't duck hunted in probably 27 years. Just got an invite from a friend.

15. Well back from my duck hunting.

I haven't duck hunted since at least 1981.

Anyhow,

I froze my but off. Must have lost all that good Minnesota antifreeze from my blood stream by living south of the Mason Dixon Line for the last 26 years.

It was 13 degrees out when we launched the boat. We were the 3rd or 4th boat out of the ramp so the ice was busted up pretty well. The river we were hunting on had a bit of ice one it, but was mostly clear. Had to bust some ice in front of the blind to set the decoys out.

Barely got set up in the blind and I popped a pintail. Should have quit while I was ahead. Saw lots of ducks, couldn't hit another one. Hunting partner shot the black duck in the photo.

My hunting partner had to make a meeting for work, so we started pulling the decoy's out around 10:30. I was in a warm car and on my way home by noon.

Had a great day, (even if I didn't shoot as many ducks and Chevy) I'll have to do this duck hunting stuff more often.

[​IMG]

16. chevy01234

chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    mississippi
    That is absolutely AWESOME! I have yet to kill a black duck and I kill alot of birds each year (hunting 35-45 days per year). I have repeatedly told myself I will mount every black I kill! Beautiful pintail too!We don't get many blacks down here at all. Here are some black birds from this morning haha made it fun for the dog at least. Shot 2 limits of coots (30 birds) and made a guy at the gas station very happy as his family loves coots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]