close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My G20c is shooting very low now!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TreyG-20, Oct 2, 2011.

1. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

I have two Glock 20's both 3rd gen. One is a compensated model. Ive had both for quite awhile and have shot them hundreds of times. Ive always noticed that i shoot my G20c a tad low which i just made up for in the past by aiming a little high. This morning i took both of them out and shot them at 50 yards and now with the G20c it shoots about 10 feet low at that range! Im dead on with the other one with the same ammo. This is much worse than it has been in the past and i dont know whats going on. Ive pulled it apart inspected it and all but i cant visually see anything wrong to make it that bad. Normally one would assume its me but i just dont see that being the case at this time. Anybody else ever have this problem?:dunno:

2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Try heavier bullets that stay in the barrel a tad longer during any upward recoil. If you really want to fix it, get an adjustable rear sight. Otherwise, if you are permanently going to use that ammo, you may want to file down the front sight a little, as needed. I'd go with the adj sight.

3. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

Thanks for the reply. Ive been using 180gr ammo so i dont think thats the problem but ill try to file the sight down and see if that helps. if not ill probably invest in some adjustable ones. Or i might just sell it. I dont really need it anyway

4. Unless you have a suppressor sight on the front, you won't come close to being able to file off enough to raise the POI by 10ft at 50yds. You'd need to lower the front sight by .45". Something is seriously wrong.

5. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

Yeah ive been messing with it for over an hour now. I might send it to glock but i really dont want to

6. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Can you change barrels/slides between the two? If so do it and see if the problem transfers. If so something is wrong with the barrel/slide fir.
    The barrel fit to slide and slide fit to frame is basically what affects accuracy and possibly POI.

7. Just1More

Just1More

Mar 18, 2009
  8. Join the Air Force???

I agree with swapping the slides to diagnose. Good luck, but I'm thinking a trip to Glock is coming soon.

9. Is it possible that you are "pushing" your 20C during firing?

10. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Sounds like a huge case of the flinchs to me, plus bad trigger control.

The standard G20 you shoot well, because you've corrected your aim for your shooting technique issues. The ported G20C doesn't have the muzzle rise the G20 does, so the rounds are going to a very different POI.

Dry firing, and shooting at 7 yards with color reactive targets is what you need to do. Your technique will never get corrected trying to shoot a pistol at rifle ranges like 50 yards.

Why do you own both a G20 and a G20C?