My G20 Hunt... :/

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by dbow, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dbow

Hey Shooters i took a couple days off to go on a coyote hunt and a couple things just didn't go right so i thought i'd brag.

First plan was to use my .243 and glock as my short gun. Well....

Got a good deal on my old gun... sold it....I ordered a Savage bolt action but due to all the crazy stuff going on,, well.. i didn't get my new gun in time, so yes, all i had was my Glock. I couldn't cancel the hunt because my work schedule was already set.

Having only steel sights and only being able to shoot out to 30 yards needless to say i was super pissed.

during our second set of the first day we were interrupted by some inexperienced hunters who literally drove right up to us and asked us if we got anything.

had 2 wardens, two different times stop us for license/weapon checks.

Second warden told us yotes were gun shy, only baiting works.

No bait.

On top of that, had a couple of teenagers on wheelers and bikes literally drive right into our set.

Didn't shoot my gun once.

So there you have it.... i think i hold the record for crappiest hunt in the history of the G20... :dunno:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Ruger American Predator vs. Savage Hog Hunter General Firearms Forum Yesterday at 7:00 PM
    Michael Savage tells hunters to not listen to his show... The Okie Corral Tuesday at 5:02 PM
    WTB in S FL Ruger MK III Hunter s/s 6-7/8" barrel Firearms Listings Saturday at 8:35 AM
    F/S Vintage NOS Hunter Large frame revolvers Holster Holsters & Related Items Jul 10, 2015
    Looking at a DIY waterfowl hunt Hunting, Fishing & Camping Jul 6, 2015

3. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Dang ...

Had you ever hunted that area before? Seems like a high population of uneducated hunters, kids on 4-wheelers and bikes and high number of wardens would be a low place on my list of places to hunt. :)

Hope you get another chance soon, man!

4. dbow

shot a real nice coyote there last year. Don't know what happened this time around...

5. Sorry to hear.

Good luck next time

6. Just wondering. What do you do with the coyote......mount/taxidermy it?

7. dm1906

dm1906 Retired SO

Feed the buzzards. They're hungry too, ya know....

8. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

;)

So are the worms !

Where they drop is where they stay !

Stay safe out there !

CM