close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

My first rimfire!

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Aiden, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Aiden

Aiden

Apr 27, 2010
    Illinois 61550
    Well...not really.

Technically I posted this under "First gun/First 1911" but since I have the conversion I suppose this qualifies as a "first rimfire" too.

[​IMG]

My Kimber Team Match II with a Kimber .22lr conversion slide. I bought them more or less at the same time as a first gun to celebrate getting my FOID and turning 21. Had put a lot of thought into it and *had* to get a Kimber for my first gun, and given the rarity and expensive nature of .45acp in my area, the .22lr slide I figured would be a wise investment.

First day at the range I put 300 Aguila interceptors and 100 Winchester Super X hollowpoints through it with only 1 FTF from a dud round. Cleaned it at 200 and 400.

Shoots great, like it a lot, gonna test it with Federal 550 bulk pack next range session this weekend. I don't have high expectations for that, but who knows I may be surprised.

Planning on acquiring a tactical .22, hopefully picking up a Spike's Tactical dedicated .22lr upper and a lower in the near future, soon as I can pay for it.

2. Aiden,

Nice setup!

Rimfires offer a level of fun that's hard to beat!

I have two Kimber rimfires, and both have their own frame. For the AR-clone I have a Tacitcal Solutions upper on a Rock River NM lower.

Kimber Rimfire Target .17 w/ Kimber frame
    [​IMG]

Kimber Rimfire Target .22 w/ Colt frame
    [​IMG]

Rock River / Tac Sol M4 22 with a Simmons 1.5x-5x 32mm scope
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010

3. Aiden

Aiden

Apr 27, 2010
    Illinois 61550
    Did you get the Tac-Sol upper new? How much did it run you? And how's the fit to the Rock River lower? I was debating which lower to get and one of my friends suggested RR, but I kinda want to cheap out since I don't think it would matter as much which lower I got.

Or would it?

I'm hoping to mimic one of my old airsoft guns with the ST-22. Once I get it, all the stuff currently on this gun is going straight onto the ST-22, with a Magpul stock/trigger guard instead.

[​IMG]

4. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    You boys got some super nice, super expensive rimfires!